EY's UK&I Tax Innovation (TAXi) team's mission is to develop, implement and integrate technology solutions that better serve our clients and engagement teams. As a member of EY's UK&I Tax practice, you'll develop your existing technology skills as part of a wider team with outstanding database, data analytics and programming skills.
Ever-increasing regulations require tax departments to gather, organize and analyse more data than ever before. Often the data necessary to satisfy these ever-increasing and complex regulations must be collected from a variety of systems and departments throughout an organization. Effectively and efficiently handling the variety and volume of data is often extremely challenging and time consuming for a company.
EY's UK&I Tax Innovation (TAXi) team members work side-by-side with the firm's partners, clients and tax subject matter experts to develop and incorporate machine learning solutions that enhance value-add, improve efficiencies and enable our clients to make accurate Tax decisions.
EY's UK&I Tax Innovation (TAXi) team works closely with clients and professionals in the following areas: Business Tax Compliance, Indirect Tax, International Tax, Transaction Tax, Law and Global Compliance and Reporting. UK&I Tax Innovation provides machine learning solution architecture, application development and optimisation, and testing and support to the UK&I Tax service line both on a pro-active basis and in response to specific requests.
- Backend database development in MS SQL Server, writing complex queries, stored procedures, views, triggers, cursors, UDFs.
- Responsible for maintenance of SQL Server, database design, and create schema objects like tables, views and indexes
- Responsible for developing, maintaining and optimizing all data layer components for new and existing systems, including databases, stored procedures, SSIS packages, and SQL queries
- Assist seniors in database architecture design effort and also develop/ review architecture designs.
- Responsible for effectively communicating with other team members and clients on project related information
- Bachelors / Master's degree in Computer Engineering / Information Technology.
- Strong hands on work experience building SQL Database, understanding of database design and data modelling, SQL server experience with SSIS, ETL experience working with SSIS.
- Must possess good knowledge of C# and SQL Development
- Experienced working with MS Access
- Some experience in any of; ASP.NET, JQuery, Java Script, REST API, Angular JS, HTML5, CSS3, Python would be good to have but not mandatory
- Some experience in Alteryx would be good to have but not mandatory
- Exposure to visual analytics tool (Power BI/ SpotFire/ Tableau) would be good to have but not mandatory
- Strong verbal and written communications skills
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76661594