Senior Risk & Compliance Manager
A very established company are looking for a Senior Risk & Compliance Manager to join their Senior Management team. This role will be reporting into the Managing Director.
The company fulfils outsource contracts with major financial institutions and therefore requires a professional corporate approach at all times. The role will involve working with the team to ensure a compliant environment within the business, providing advice and guidance and assisting in the development of compliant business orientated solutions.
- Provide guidance on matters of risk management to the management team
- Conduct periodic risk assessments on the businesses and maintain and deliver the compliance plan.
- Ensure that the business is compliant with the Codes of Conduct which are relevant for the business.
- Ensure that the business is compliant with statutory requirements in relation to Anti Money Laundering, Anti Bribery and Corruption, Data Protection, Health & Safety.
- Liaise with the relevant Regulatory bodies.
- Ensure the MD and Senior Management team is made aware of and an escalation procedure is followed for any regulatory or compliance issue.
- Review the monitoring processes on an ongoing basis to ensure they remain appropriate and effective.
- Interpret and disseminate compliance changes and information which is pertinent to the business and their staff.
- Provide advice in relation to the interpretation of the regulatory rules and find/propose solutions by liaising with business managers.
- Ensure all monitoring and associated documentation is clear and kept up to date.
- Work closely with the business on negligence matters including root cause analysis.
- Administer the arrangements in respect of Professional Indemnity Insurance and to conduct where appropriate tender processes for the procurement of insurance services.
- Monitor the arrangements for complaints handling and provide recommendations for improvement where necessary.
- Liaise closely with the IT team in order to manage and analyse compliance related MI from the business.
- Act as MLRO and Data Protection Officer.
- Develop, deliver and monitor a compliance training plan.
- You will be a dynamic self-starter with a proven track record in mitigating business risk and a solid track record of working within a similar role.
- High level of knowledge of legal and related regulation.
- Experienced negotiator with excellent communication skills
- Commercially astute – ability to understand and translate business objectives.
- Ability to build and develop internal relationships.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Good working knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint with strong presentation skills.
- Positive and innovative approach to problem solving, challenging accepted working practices to drive value add change.
Salary: £45-£55,000 (negotiable for the right experience)
Holiday: 25 days + bank holidays with the opportunity to buy more days
Benefits: Pension, Health Insurance, Death in Service x 4
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76657829