Project Support Assistant (Grad Opportunity)
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a recent Graduate to join a leading Recruitment organisation based in Central London. The role sits within the Project Management Office team of around 30 staff, and is an entry level with the aim of supporting various client projects. It is suited to a recent Graduate in a degree of a mathematical nature, who has an interest in computer systems, but who also possesses the confidence and desire to interact with senior management.
The purpose of this role is to maintain project financials and manage all system entry, data and reporting requirements so that all projects are financially healthy and the systems accurately represent the projects in the field. This role will use various systems to support consultants and project managers in setting up, monitoring and controlling the financials of projects.
Accurate project set up
- Interpret contracts to define the most effective way to set up in the system
- Enter projects into the system accurately and within agreed timeframes
- Work with consultants and PMs to define resources for projects and enter into system
- Set up and maintain client information in systems
- Monitor time entry for projects and ensure all time is entered
- Monitor project financials, raise issues and opportunities related to revenue to consultants
- Distribute project reports to consultants communicating requirements around forecasting, revenue recognition and billing
- Track project expenses
- Partner with consultants on monthly revenue calls
- Co-ordinate and manage use of external contractors on projects
- Act as the first point of contact for client queries on projects, including contracts, delivery and financial queries
- Keep system clean through closing projects once complete
- Document and report on project profitability at project, client and territory levels
- Document lessons learned and suggested improvements regarding project set up and financial management
- Build relationships with consultants to understand the nature of the projects and clients
- Advise consultants on the most effective way to use the financial system for their projects
- Look for opportunities to improve the system and streamline processes and champion these improvements within the PMO
- Trigger invoices according to billing schedule and project set up
- Manage collections proactively through monitoring billing reports and communicating with account leader when outstanding invoices require action.
- May build relationships with client accounts payable departments to facilitate collections process
- A bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in mathematics, business, IT, finance or on a related field is essential
- Some minimal corporate work experience is required: either a university placement year, or a small amount of post university experience.
- The experience does not have to Project Management necessarily, but must be from the corporate head office function of a medium to large organisation
- Candidates should be able to demonstrate an interest, and some experience, working with computer systems, ideally including an ERP system and MS Excel
- Experience in accounting and customer service related fields is a plus
- Strong financial acumen - an aptitude for financial and mathematical concepts
- Strong customer service skills for both internal and external customers
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to persuade and influence others without authority
- Ability to work in a team setting and maintain a positive attitude and outlook when under pressure
- High level of professionalism and ability to work with senior level executives.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76288801