Software Developer Apprenticeship
Baltic Training and Aviva are excited to be recruiting for an Apprentice Software Developer to join their forever growing team based in York.
Aviva are a multinational insurance company, operating in 16 countries across the globe. In the UK, Aviva are the largest general insurer with over 33milion customers nationwide!
Their ambition is to be the best at driving value into the business and to drive better outcomes for their customers. Part of their core purpose is to deliver fantastic data visualisation tools and demand capture solutions, so that their stakeholders make informed business decisions.
Due to the continuous success of our client they are looking for a like-minded and dedicated developer to bring some fresh new ideas to the team!
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Not only do our apprentices learn faster and earn money at the same time, they gain invaluable workplace experience.
When it comes to apprenticeships, research shows that apprentices can earn up to £4,000 more per year than their peers. Alongside this, all apprentices are entitled to other benefits such as pension and national insurance contributions, and also paid holiday entitlement. If you are ready to earn more, you are ready to start an apprenticeship with Baltic Training
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties
- Develop, maintain and enhance scalable Business Intelligence solutions to be used across Aviva UK Insurance
- Learn and utilise new development languages and technologies
- Data modelling, database design and interrogation (e.g. SQL)
- Recommend solution options and assist with, or lead on, the design, development and testing of these
- Partner with BI Delivery teams and wider internal stakeholders
- Adhere to application development lifecycle and process controls; including peer reviews
- Adhere to, and implement appropriate controls to safeguard our customer data and mitigate risks
- Be capable of working in an agile manner
Training to be provided:
- Level 4 Software Developer
- Systems Development and Object Programming
- Database Design and Project Management
- HTML5 Application Development MTA
- External Assessments
- Experience in coding with any procedural language (such as Python, C#, VB.Net)
- Ability and willingness to learn new coding languages and technologies
- Ability to work independently and capable of taking responsibility
- Educated to A level standard or equivalent qualification; or, relevant working experience
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Holiday allowance of 25 days plus bank holidays and the option to buy/sell up to 5 additional days
- Defined contribution pension scheme
- Flexible working hours
- Performance related bonus
- Excellent flexi-benefits package. Up to 30% discount on Aviva insurance products, plus discounts for Friends and Family.
- 96 UCAS points achieved or predicted from September 2017 (equivalent to 3 "A" levels at "C" grade)
- Minimum of 5 GCSE's at grade A to C (Grades 4 - 9 from 2017) with three of those being in Maths, Science (s) and English.
- In Scotland - A minimum of 3 Highers
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £22,500 per annum
- Full time (35 hours per week)
Location and travel
This role is located in York City Centre, It's easy accessible via all major transport links.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76204708