Tate are currently recruiting for an accountant/practise manager for our altrincham based client,
Due to rapid expansion over the last eight years, an exciting opportunity is available for a qualified and ambitious accountant to join an established accountancy practice as a Practice Manager. Based in the new practice office in South Manchester, the Practice Manager will earn a salary of £30,000 - £40,000 per annum dependent on experience.
The successful Practice Manager will ideally be a Qualified ACA/ACCA Accountant with at least three years' experience working in a practice and at least one year senior level client facing experience in an accountancy practice. This role will involve you dealing with clients, and delivering client work, it will be supporting the Director with the Operational efficiency and growth of the practice.
Main responsibilities for the Practice Manager will be;
- Managing workflow, client files and deadlines within the Practice
- Ability to go through and review working papers.
- Reviewing IT systems & accounting s/w periodically & suggesting improvements
- Managing and supervising staff
- Providing effective training and support to other staff, when necessary
- Working with the Directors to set KPI's, goals and objectives & monitor them
- Improving processes and implementing new systems
- Client facing responsibilities
The successful Practice Manager will possess demonstrable experience in a similar role in addition to the following skills and experience:
- ACCA/ACA Qualified or equivalent
- VT Accounts, Money Soft, Tax Filer, Xero Accounting, Sage Accounts and Payroll and MS Word & Excel
- Ambitious and target orientated
- Ability to meet and bring clients to the business
- Hold a full driving licence - essential
- knowledge of how a Practice operates
- A good 'all-rounder' who can handle statutory accounts preparation, personal tax, VAT, corporation tax, Dividends, book keeping and all general accounting jobs for clients.
- Superb influencing and communication skills are imperative
- Experience in supervising and training junior/other members of staff is essential
- Analytical skills, along with the ability manage multiple deadlines concurrently.
If you are interested in the position please forward your cv across
Tate is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76254984