Are you ACA or ACCA Qualified or at the final stages and interested in a hands on role with lots of variety? Are you looking for a new position that offers you full ownership of a Finance function?
Gleeson Recruitment Group are supporting a privately owned manufacturing organisation in Coventry that have a world class reputation as a supplier into the largest automotive firms In the area and looking for a Finance Manager.
The organisation have recently hired an ambitious Finance Director who is looking for a no.2 that can take ownership of all finance related tasks and support the wider business to ensure continued growth.
Finance Manager responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of month end accounts, divisional allocations and board packs
- Preparation of three sets of statutory accounts, VAT returns and EC sales listings
- Year end audit files and control reconciliations
- Management of the debtor's ledger, including cash allocation, day to day customer contact, review of credit limits and liaison with the credit insurance company to manage exposure
- Review of monthly payroll and creditor payments
- Implement a continual checking process for stock levels, including conducting weekly cycle counts of finished goods and monthly checks of WIP and raw materials
- Monitor stock and tooling obsolescence
- Bank control and reconciliations
- Maintenance of the insurance records and preparation of annual review
- Full review of process notes and working practices for the wider business
- Improvements to the day to day MI used in the business
Is the Finance Manager role in Coventry right for me?
This opportunity could be ideal for a hands on Accountant who is either making a first move from practice or trained in Industry with a varied skill-set ranging from transactional finance (credit control, AP & AR) to preparing management accounts and is at the final stages or Qualified ACA or ACCA.
Hunger and ambition are a must as the Finance Director is looking for somebody that can eventually replace him. To ensure that happens, you will work closely together and support will be offered for more difficult tasks with an aim that you can eventually take full ownership which will include challenging Operational Directors and how they can reduce spend across the business.
If you enjoy a varied workload, looking for an opportunity to develop real relationships with non-finance individuals and keen to work with a supportive line manager who wants to provide you with the skill-set needed to move into a Financial Controller role in the future, this could be a very exciting option.
Finance Manager Package:
- £35,000 - £40,000
- Health care
- Study Support if needed
- Working hours: Mon - Thursday (7:30am - 4:30pm) Friday (7:30am - 12:30pm)
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76193745