Develop, execute, and communicate assortment plans that support the merchandising, marketing, and financial objectives of assigned product group.
Assist Merchandiser in current season forecasting, trading and future season planning.
• Ensure the financial success of the product group by meeting or exceeding sales, gross profit, and inventory turn goals on an annual basis.
• Develop assortment plan by class and store for each delivery at an option, cost and unit level based on historical data and current business strategy and financial targets.
• Work closely with the Merchandiser and buyer to ensure assortment plans are reviewed and updated through the buying process.
• Ensure assortments are planned to be optimal within store capacities.
• Report on and analyse department kpi’s (options in store, sales per option, no of sizes on a weekly basis, unit depth per option and vear to plan).
• Assist Buyer in developing the scorecard for future deliveries.
• Work with cross functional teams to ensure timely and accurate planning of new store openings.
• Develop knowledge of geographic and store attribute performance and trends through data analysis and field feedback.
• Manage store stock levels at a class level to ensure an optimal distribution of inventory between doors to maximize sales and profit.
• Propose stock movements where necessary to optimize inventory to sales ratio.
• Production of size ratio stock and sales analysis to ensure accurate size ratio buying at a door level.
• Support Merchandiser in developing sales, margin and inventory budget plans.
• Support Merchandiser in in season forecasting as required.
• Assist in production of weekly Monday business reports.
• Ad-hoc business reporting
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships within cross-functional team (buying, planning, marketing, visual, retail information etc.). In particular this will be the Merchandiser, buyer and assistant buyer team responsible for the product group.
• Participate in cross functional meetings, contributing input on product mix, inventory levels and current sales and margin forecasts
• Collaborate with peers to ensure consistency of information, share best practices and develop systems knowledge.
• Participate in company initiatives as appropriate.
• Able to work on own initiative and to be pro-active
• Able to organize and prioritize; demonstrates logical analysis and problem solving skills.
• Knowledge of sales/stock ratios, ability to provide strategies to achieve store and product turns.
• Able to understand distribution strategies and how to execute them.
• Demonstrates good listening, written and oral communication skills, effectively and clearly communicates.
• Able to build and maintain productive relationships within team environment.
• Strong PC and associated application skills, MS Word and advanced Excel a requirement.
• Show ability or aptitude in retail math’s, and to learn technical applications quickly.
• A flexible and pro-active approach to business and systems management
• The candidate should have 1 year’s to 18 months experience as a Distribution Analyst/Allocator or comparable retail experience. Some experience at Senior Allocator or Assistant Merchandiser level 1 is desirable but is not a pre-requisite.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76197509