Senior Developer – (Full Stack, ASP.Net MVC, agile, TDD, AWS, TeamCity, OctopusDeploy, Git, Elastic Search)
- Are you keen to develop and progress your skills & expertise within a progressive, web and .Net development environment?
- Keen to work with some of the latest technologies, practices & techniques?
- Want to join the UK’s largest & fastest growing online recruitment advertising business?
- A company that has been voted one of the top companies to work for in the UK for the past 9 years running?
If so, please read on!
You & your role;
You’ll be working within one of our dedicated scrum teams, amongst other highly talent Developers, QA’s, BA’s and Scrum Masters.
The Senior Developer will undertake a hands-on development role whilst mentoring less experienced members of the team, leading technical discussions and providing technical leadership.
The ideal candidate will have a mixture of both back end and front end web development experience gained using a range of .Net related technologies gained within an Agile/Scrum environment.
You’ll join a team of smart, motivated people whom work within a full agile and scrum environment helping candidates find jobs they love and help companies recruit great talent, like you!
We’re based on the Southbank in the fantastic Blue Fin Building, with great transport links and brilliant facilities including a subsidised canteen, a gym and a 10th floor roof terrace.
Some of your responsibilities as a Senior Developer @ TJG;
- Show leadership and experience in architecting solutions that meet the needs of the business
- Full stack development – from using front end technologies like AngularJS to database technologies such as SQL Server and everything in between – MVC, Web API, WCF
- Present interesting technologies tools and practices back to the department via brown bags and communities of practice meetups
- Work alongside dedicated Scrum Master, BA, QA and 3 other developers in a cross-skill team to develop and deliver high quality code in lightning fast time
- Using XP practices such as pair programming TDD and its variants to develop high quality maintainable code
- Feed into departmental engineering strategy and platform improvement backlog
- Feed into our Tech Radar that guides which technologies tools and practices that we should trial, assess, adopt or hold
- Refactor and iteratively upgrade older parts of the platform to use the latest tech and design patterns while still delivering business value
Your ideal skills & attributes;
- Ability and/or experience to mentor, guide and lead by example
- Super interested in all things technical
- Willing to participate in and often lead technical discussion(s)
- Committed to producing highly valued code quality maintainability and reliability
- Previous experience of collaborating with a wide group of stakeholders
Ideally, you’ll have as much experience with as many of the following technologies;
- ASP.Net MVC, Web API
- HTML/CSS (bootstrap, LESS)
- SQL Server
- Octopus Deploy
Established since 1999, the Totaljobs Group is the UK’s largest & fastest growing online recruitment advertising business. We’re owned by the StepStone Group, an internationally successful job board business that operates in over 22 countries.
We have 450 employees across the UK and a fast paced, exciting, innovative culture.
As employers we value talent, integrity, innovation and results whilst respecting our employee’s work-life balance, freedom and appetite for challenge and recognition, which is why we have been voted one of the top companies to work for in the UK, 9 years running!
Totaljobs Group Generous Benefits Package includes:
- 29 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
- Group Pension Scheme
- Life Cover x 4 basic annual salary
- 2 paid charity days per year
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Free Eye Tests
- Season Ticket Loan (after probation)
- Childcare Allowance (after probation)
- Up to 6 free Physio Sessions (after probation)
- Excellent Maternity & Paternity Pay/Leave
Please ensure your eligibility to work in the UK before applying.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76190764