Part Time Finance Business Partner
Working in an established Finance team to deliver a business support function to key budget holders.
My client is a well known and stand out organisation based near Cardiff.
This is an excellent opportunity for a fully qualified Accountant to join this prestigious organisation as a Finance Business Partner.
The Finance Business Partner's role reports into the Head of Business Partnering and will support them to raise the profile of Finance throughout the organisation and to develop a commercially minded business support service for the wider organisation and Corporate Departments. This will all be in the context of providing a first class management information service which adds significant value by enabling better decision making.
Main Purpose of the Job:
- To liaise with Faculties and Corporate Departments on all aspects of financial management reporting with a particular emphasis on:
- Support for budget setting
- Review of monthly results against budget
- Determination of forecast out turn adjustments as necessary
- Review, challenge and support for investment appraisals
- To raise the profile of the Finance Department throughout the organisation developing a comprehensive and value adding business support mechanism for the wider business and Corporate Departments aimed at improving decision making at a senior level.
- Develop a culture of continuous improvement aimed at improving commercial awareness, budget scrutiny, cost control and income generation
- Develop appropriate costing methodologies and coach and mentor budget holders and Corporate Departments in their use
- Develop and introduce for organisation wide application a common language for financial management and reporting including definitions and metrics appropriate to Departments linked to overall strategic objectives.
- Manage the month end report pack production process
The bar is set high and my client is looking to attract a 'high-flyer' with a strong commercial acumen and a desire to succeed in a dynamic and progressive organisation.
The starting point is that you are a Qualified Accountant who has enjoyed a highly successful career so far and is looking for the next unique and interesting challenge.
The criteria for this role is not sector limiting however you will be able to evidence experience of business partnering and the use of financial and management information to drive continuous improvement.
You will also be able to demonstrate experience of budgeting and forecasting, project and investment appraisal and the ability to work effectively with non-financial stakeholders.
You will possess high levels of energy and drive, a passion to succeed and exceptional relationship management and influencing skills.
You will be culturally sensitive and be able to demonstrate a passion for the organisation, sector and its values and goals. You will be able to see the big picture but also possess a good eye for detail. You will be able to challenge and present and communicate complex ideas articulately often to non-financial stakeholders. You will pride yourself on the highest levels of integrity and professional commitment to professional standards of financial management.
Basic Salary in the range of £40,000 - £47,000 pro rata to 0.6 FTE
35 days annual leave + Christmas close down and an extra day at Easter. pro rata to 0.6 FTE
Career average pension paying 1/49th of your salary annually.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76185819