1st and 2nd Line Helpdesk Support Technician
A Career to Be Proud Of
As the world?s leading hearing specialist, operating in 22 countries across the world, we have one focus: our customers? quality of life. Up and down the UK and Ireland, our dedicated front and back-office professionals are constantly working to offer the best and the latest innovations in diagnostic testing, fitting and hearing aid technologies. That?s because, from Hearing Care to Business Support roles, our people are devoted to improving life for people with hearing difficulties.
If you share our passion for Hearing Care, clinical excellence, and superior customer service, and if you want to be part of a close-knit global team that offers world-class training and international opportunities, then we have rewarding careers to challenge and develop your skills at Amplifon.
What We Can Offer You
- 25 days holiday
- Employee Assistance Program
- Auto enrolment
- Access to Amplifon Savings
- Childcare Vouchers - on a salary sacrifice basis
About Your Role & Responsibilities
We are currently looking for a 1st and 2nd Line Helpdesk Support Technician to join the IT Team in our Manchester Support Office close to Manchester Airport.
Reporting to Service Delivery & Helpdesk Team Lead, the role will be responsible for providing 1st and 2nd line support to our Manchester office and nationwide shops via telephone, email and in person.
This is a varied role, and you will be supporting both standard, well-known technologies and tools as well as audiology-specific standards and bespoke systems.
You will also be responsible for:
- To deal with 1st & 2nd line issues logged to the IT Helpdesk via telephone and email, using remote connection technologies
- Raise tickets with detailed an accurate information, to aid the team to resolve issues as efficiently as possible.
- Manage time effectively to resolve more time-consuming issues and requests
- The IT Helpdesk Technician will have proven Helpdesk experience, providing support at 1st line and managing expectations to resolve more time-consuming issues and requests.
- Foundational understanding of networking protocols such as DHCP & DNS.
- Knowledge of MS Windows and Microsoft Office applications, including configuration of Outlook.
- Good documentation skills to provide clear and precise knowledgebase articles, to formulate procedures and assist in resolution of recurring issues.
- Knowledge of networking and data communications, such as network drive mapping, understanding of UNC paths.
- User administration in a Windows Active Directory environment.
- As well as software support, hardware support will be required so an understanding of desktop maintenance tools is essential, such as defrag, chkdsk with the ability to guide the end user through troubleshooting of physical connections.
It would be desirable if you have the following:
- Knowledge of hardware imaging technologies, such as Norton Ghost, MDT 2012.
- A clean driving license, as there may be opportunities to visit our branches, but not essential.
- Knowledge of Audiological Hardware and software, such as manufacturer?s fitting devices and NOAH software.
- Experience with ServiceNOW ticketing system
Skills and Characteristics
- Great teamworking skills within the IT Team, but also across other business functions.
- Has a degree of flexibility in their working hours to match the needs of the business.
- Strong Communication skills to provide clear information and manage expectations.
- Strong analytical skills to provide effective troubleshooting.
- Ability to work under pressure, whilst managing work load effectively.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959194140