Treasury Asset Analyst
Our client, bpha are looking to recruit a Treasury Asset Analyst to join their Treasury and Corporate Finance team, based in Bedford. The primary responsibility for this role is to deliver a strategy for the charging of assets to lenders and investors as security for debt, by analysing and forecasting valuations whilst also maintaining an accurate property charging database.
bpha is a major housing association, operating in the Home Counties to the North and West of London, based in Bedford. bpha are a leading provider and developer of affordable homes- for rent, sheltered, residential care and shared ownership. The association own and manage more than 18,000 homes and have over 340 employees. Their annual turnover is over £123 million and they have over £900m of bank or capital markets debt facilities. bpha is A+ rated by S&P and is V1 rated by the HCA.
In the role of Treasury Asset Analyst you will take ownership of the development and implementation of bpha's security charging strategy, working closely with both the Corporate Finance and Development teams as well as external advisors to maximise the debt raising capacity of bpha. This is a key strategic post in which you will act as a subject matter resource providing advice and guidance.
In summary, the successful candidate will be expected to:-
- Develop and deliver a strategy for charging bpha's asset as security to lenders in a timely manner whilst achieving maximum value
- Work with Lawyers, Security Trustees, Property Surveyors and internal teams to ensure that required properties are charged and valued in line with agreed deadlines to support the raising of new finance
- Ensure property records are accurate, maintained and compliance requirements are met
- Work with the Asset and Liability Controller to agree strategy, processes and procedures with external and internal parties to release or reallocate properties from security pools in order to maximise the debt raising capacity of bpha.
- Assist in the production of high quality data to meet lenders, investors and credit agencies requirements
- Prepare monthly reporting and develop procedures for the charging position of bpha stock, identifying valuations of charged and unencumbered stock.
In order to be short-listed for the Treasury Asset Analyst role, you will need:
- Formal Treasury or Corporate Finance qualifications/or studying towards (highly desirable)
- Experience working in an asset charging environment (experience within the housing/property industry is highly desirable)
- Proven track record of using technology to accurately analyse and interpret large volumes of data
- High degree of IT literacy including Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Proven ability using Excel (VBA, Pivot Tables etc.)
- Strong stakeholder management skills and the ability to influence both internal and external stakeholders.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76152854