Sales Ledger/Credit Controller
We have an exciting opportunity for a Sales Ledger/Credit Controller to join our Finance Team in Sidcup on fixed term maternity cover to October 2018. Working in a dynamic and fast-paced environment you will provide a professional service to produce timely and accurate sales invoices, chase late invoices, recover all invoices due and reconcile accounts.
With a focus on accuracy, efficiency and attention to detail, this is the ideal position for an experienced professional looking for a new challenge.
As a Sales Ledger/Credit Controller you will:
- Be responsible for the accurate and timely issuing of all sales invoices.
- Ensure the accounting entries for sales invoices and credit notes are promptly and accurately entered in the accounting system.
- Maintain and implement a comprehensive schedule detailing the invoices to be raised each month, when it should be raised and who is to provide the invoicing information.
- Ensure that invoices produced are supported and all related documentation is filed in an orderly manner.
- Update the Sales Ledgers with recipients ensuring an appropriate audit trail.
- Actively manage debtors accounts including outstanding debtor balances and liaise with relevant staff and customers to ensure balances do not become overdue.
- Contribute to the production of weekly and monthly reports on the status of aged debtors and the impact on cash flow.
- Maintaining confidentiality of the department and using discretion where necessary.
- Ensuring good relations and efficient communication with all members of the team.
- Responding professionally and in a timely manner to internal and external customers.
- Assist in month end and year end processes in accordance with the relevant timetable.
- Controls are kept up to date and adhered to.
- Any other ad hoc duties as required including providing cover.
The successful candidate will:
- Have a minimum of 1-2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Have some experience of computerised accounting packages such as Access and MS Office – in particular Excel to intermediate level.
- Experience of using databases to store, manipulate and retrieve data.
- Have a working knowledge of bookkeeping double entry system.
- Able to reconcile customer accounts.
- Have the ability to pro-actively manage your own workload.
- Be a confident communicator to a wide range of audiences.
- Be customer-focused with a passion for providing an amazing customer service internally and externally
- Possess a high degree of literacy and numeracy with an ability to accurately and efficiently process large volumes of financial data.
- Be pro-active, dynamic and able to approach your role with creativity and enthusiasm.
- Share the values of Avenues Group.
If you think that sounds like you then apply now by completing an application form or sending your CV to
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76655821