Tax Director, or Senior Manager, with a corporate tax or mixed tax background required by Bedfordshire based accountancy practice.
My client is a Bedford based accountancy practice. Due to an impressive level of recent growth and with ambitions to continue to build upon this success, they seek an experienced corporate tax or mixed tax professional to join the firm at either a Director or Senior Manager level.
This varied role will involve both tax advisory and tax compliance responsibilities. The client portfolio of the firm covers a range of business types and industry sectors. A majority of clients are Owner Managed Businesses (OMBs) including many interesting, and in particular, entrepreneurial businesses plus large International groups. There is an existing client portfolio of clients for you to manage immediately across the Bedfordshire and surrounding region.
The firm's tax offering and reputation is such that it is used as a unique selling point and differentiator within the market.
- Corporate tax advisory and compliance with some personal tax work
- Provide tax advisory services to a portfolio of clients
- All aspects of business development, winning new advisory work with both new and existing clients
- Assisting with the delivery of the tax strategy of the firm
- Manage the production of corporate and personal tax computations
- Liaison between Partners, tax department and audit department
- Attend client meetings and presentations
- Plan, control and review work carried out by team members
- Staff management and portfolio allocation
- Setting budget/fee levels plus decisions on technical advice.
- Qualified ACA / ACCA and/or CTA with current technical knowledge - candidates who are 'qualified by experience' will also be considered
- Corporate tax or Mixed tax background
- Previous corporate tax experience gained within an accountancy practice, preferably current or recent however candidates currently working within tax within industry and commerce who are seeking a return to the accountancy practice sector will also be considered
- Experience dealing with Owner Managed Businesses (OMBs), entrepreneurial businesses and corporate groups preferred
- Large compliance and advisory experience
- General knowledge and understanding of audit and accountancy issues, any Corporate Finance experience beneficial but by no means essential
- IT literate (Excel, Tax Software and Word etc)
- Strong commercial awareness and relationship building skills with a client focus
- Excellent people management, organisational and problem solving skills
- A forward thinking and calm decision maker with a creative hunger for growth.
Register your interest by applying today or call Ashley 01926 290 290 to discuss this opportunity further, always private and in confidence. You can also visit the Addington Ball website www.addingtonball.com or follow us on twitter @AddingtonBall to see all our current vacancies, news and updates.
Addington Ball specialise in the recruitment of accountancy and finance professionals across the Midlands and Northern Home counties. We are a member of The Employment Agency Movement (TEAM) and are acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Job ref ABJ/17540
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76659682