Field Service Engineer
My client is the leading company in their fiel and part of a larger world renowned global group. They manufacture and maintain a range of high end heavy plant fork lift trucks, reach equipment and automated cargo handling systems to seaports, airports, docks, terminals and larger distribution centres throughout the UK. They are working exclusively with me to recruit a Field Service Engineer (multi-skilled) to support their clients based throughout the North- West, so ideally based around the Manchester, Warrington, Liverpool areas. The clients you will visit are based within a 2 hour radius of Manchester, however a degree of flexibility is needed as you may on occasion need to travel further a field to provide cover.
As a Field Service Engineer working for the company, your role will be to support clients throughout your territory delivering planned Preventive Maintenance, Reactive Repair and mechanical and electrical fault finding to the companies range of heavy plant Fork lift trucks, Reach equipment and cargo handling systems. Ideally you will be an experienced Multi-skilled Service or Medchanical Maintenance Engineer that has developed some good electrical experience.
Based from home you will receive a work schedule each week and will travel across your territory, working on full service project life cycles and offering clients the highest level of service. The majority of your work (apx 90%) will allow you to return home each day however their may also be the odd occasion when you see more than one client in a particular area so could be away overnight once or twice a month at the most.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Planned preventive maintenance and reactive repairs to a range of heavy plant fork lift trucks, cargo handling systems and reach equipment.
- Work alone or with other team members on maintenance and installation work
- Basic fault find of Siemans PLCs
- Carry out extensive electrical and mechanical fault find work
- Manage and maintain tools, parts and equipment in your care
- Deliver a high standard of service, understanding the customers needs and expectations.
- HNC, C&G or NVQ in relevant engineering dicipline (maintenance, electrical or mechanical preferred)
- Multi-skilled engineer or mechanical engineer with some electrical experience
- Experience of Heavy Plant or Vehicle maintenance
- Mechanical fault find (pumps, pipes, pneumatics, hydraulics etc)
- Able to read and follow electrical wiring diagrams
- Fault find and diagnostics of CANBUS Systems (preferred but not essential)
- Electrical fault finding (motors, wiring, sensors, motors etc)
- Experience working with Hydraulic Systems
- Some basic PLC knowledge or experience (prefferred but not essential)
In return our client offers and attractive package of £28,000 - £31,000 dependant on experience, plus overtime (standard rate through the week, time and a half Saturdays and double time Sundays).
Other Benefits include a company van (that you can also use personally), uniform, internet mobile, laptop, generous company pension and real opportunities to progress your career to a senior role. This is a days based role (45 hour week that starts from the minute you leave home in the morning) and the company operates an on call rota of 1 in 4 weekends for which bonuses will be paid. The company has an excellent training and support matrix for new engineers joining the business and they can also offer development and progression opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76034754