Finance Manager, European Online Advertising
The Amazon Online Advertising team is looking for a Finance Manager, based in London, for driving the Performance and Display Advertising businesses in Europe. This leader will work with senior leadership in Finance and Inside Sales & Marketing teams in business in driving adoption, growth and monetization initiatives of Online Advertising products across multiple Amazon online properties within Europe. This person will partner with multiple Advertising business stakeholders, provide timely analysis, insightful guidance, and financial leadership to this high-growth business. This role requires extensive cross-functional partnership with various Seller Services, Retail and Advertising finance teams across multiple countries. This role will also own financial controls, business partnership, and drive overall Free-cash-flow initiatives.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- Lead the development of financial models necessary for evaluation and implementation of new strategies.
- Provide country level analysis and guidance to ensure the successful adoption and monetization of ad products
- Partner with ad sales and product leadership in US and EU in evaluating new opportunities and strategies.
- Support ongoing financial processes and controllership
- Set-up, coordinate and drive with weekly, monthly and quarterly Business review cycles.
- Work hands on doing analyses and building business cases, run ad hoc analyses, review, analyze performance versus goals and actively participate in projects to ensure we are taking the right decision.
- Manage and execute entire projects or components of large projects from start to finish including project management, data gathering, synthesis and modeling, problem solving, and communication of insights and recommendations
- BA/BS degree required
- 6+ years of relevant work experience; including project management experience that must involve analytical position such as finance, digital advertising, web analytics, business analysis or comparable.
- Must possess excellent business judgment, strong written and oral communication skills, and a practical, common sense approach to getting things done.
- Demonstrated ability to operate both strategically and tactically in a high-energy, fast-paced environment
- High degree of organization and ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Fluent in English (verbal and written).
- MBA or Masters in Business, Economics, Mathematics or Statistics preferred
- Experience with statistical analysis, regression modeling and forecasting, demand modeling, time series analysis, data mining, financial analysis, and customer/product segmentation
- Working knowledge of SQL, Cognos/TM1, Advanced excel, R-web.
- Experience in Macro writing and/or VBA coding
- Experience in operating in a high energy environment where tactical and strategic activities are expected to be driven in parallel.
- Highly innovative, flexible and self-directed
- Proven ability to work and strive in fast growing (and changing) environments and dealing with ambiguity