Software Licensing Consultant
Software Licensing Consultant
6 Month Contract
Working with Prudential as a Software Licensing Consultant means becoming part of a brand with a global reputation, a remarkable history and exciting plans for the future. If you're inspired to join us, and if you have the necessary qualities, then this could be the opportunity you've been looking for.
Overall Job Purpose: The Software Asset Management function is responsible for the identification, recording, auditing and reporting of the Prudential Global Data Services (PGDS) IT Software, ensuring full licence compliance at all times.
- To deliver all business and PGDS requests for new software, ensuring delivery to deadlines and in line with procedures
- Account for all the IT software within the organisation.
- Provide accurate information on software licences including renewal & maintenance records, feeding into third party providers.
- Verify the PGDS usage position against entitlement and correct any exceptions.
- Understand current licence conditions for key vendors and develop relationships with third parties for required support and verification.
- Own, coordinate and manage external software audits for PGDS owned software.
- Understand software risk and compliance position and take active steps to manage and mitigate this.
- Develop good working relationships with other PGDS groups.
Job Requirements - Knowledge and Skills:
- Proven Experience in;
- Managing software asset and licence reconciliation
- Demonstrate the ability to understand software contracts and installed software and produce using agreed tools and formats licencing statements.
- Key vendor licencing programmes and be able to demonstrate an understanding of these against the business requirements.
- Managing key SAM supplier relationships.
- Manage day to day IT Proc & SAM activity in accordance with team rota, including;
- Use relevant workflow systems to manage business requests (e.g CA, Peoplesoft Finance, InforS3, SmartTrack)
- Use internal SAM tool aligning to SAM best practice.
- Perform internal software audits as required
- Contribute to the collation and provision of regular MI as required to appropriate stakeholders.
- Organise, chair and report on SAM supplier meetings using agreed procedures ensuring output is documented and circulated as relevant.
- Act as IT Proc & SAM rep on projects and provide appropriate documentation.
- Contribute to continuous improvement activities both within the IT Proc & SAM area and with our external partners
Job Requirements - Attributes
- Highly motivated and organised to ensure SAM standards are met.
- Proven ability in communication and negotiation skill s when dealing with suppliers & key stakeholders (PGDS & business)
- High level of organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workloads.
- Self-Starter, Shows initiative.
- Ability to create and maintain close working relationships with all business areas on behalf of PGDS
- Analytical mind
People who work at Prudential agree that ours is a great place to work with a brilliant team spirit. It's also an innovative, high-performing commercial environment that's totally focused on customers. And in a fast-changing world, you'll join an organisation that's leading the way in helping customers achieve their long-term financial goals
At Prudential we work hard to create an environment that enables everyone to flourish and we actively encourage diversity across the business.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76205165