Production & Installation Manager
Production & Installation Manager
Location: Redruth, Cornwall
The company is a Cornish manufacturing company which was established in 1985. Their factory and showroom are based in Pool, Redruth. They design, fabricate and install conservatories, orangeries, windows, doors and glass balustrading for residential, commercial and trade customers. They have a large showroom displaying both bespoke and standard designs and they pride themselves on their well deserved reputation for innovative design, high quality products and excellent workmanship, followed up with genuine after sales service.
Responsible for the effective management of all aspects of production and installation. This will include co-ordinating the procurement of materials and labour, managing factory production, and overseeing installations to their completion, meeting project deadlines and cost parameters.
The role will also have the possibility of Trade Sales depending on experience.
This is a hands-on role and the individual may be asked to undertake other reasonable duties as requested by the Managing Director and General Manager.
- Oversee and manage the flow of information and paperwork through to the factory foreman and ordering fabrication materials.
- Ensure that all necessary information and any special requirements are clearly understood by all members of the production team, sub contractors and suppliers in line with project programmes.
- Have regular meetings with the factory foreman to ensure that what needs to be fabricated the following week (and over coming weeks in terms of stock and material requirements) is all organised and ready for manufacture.
- Provide all necessary help, support and assistance as and when any challenges or issues occur.
- Have regular discussions to make sure things are going to plan.
- Managing, scheduling, co-ordinating and organising all company installations.
- To operate in accordance with project procurement schedules and the overall master planning schedule of all projects.
- Ensuring all materials, parts and labour are available to meet project deadlines and site specific requirements.
- Manage all material ordering for miscellaneous items and minor glazing works etc.
- Co-ordinate obtaining quotations from Sub Contractors and Suppliers
- Prepare risk assessments and method statements where necessary.
- Attend site for pre-installation checks, risk assessments and method statement preparation where necessary.
- Pre-contract assessments with relevant team members, to ascertain all necessary detail from the Sales Designer, Technical Surveyor and Finance Manager in order to co-ordinate all aspects of contract execution, by way of a proactive approach in terms of foreseeing challenges and/or any omissions/oversights during sales, surveying, processing, fabrication and masonry phases.
- All on/off hire procedures are maintained.
- Scheduling and co-ordinating with the sub-contractors involved in a project, to ensure project programmes are known to all parties in advance, with availability and firm commitment to commence and complete on time. Ensuring that all parties have the detail they need and that it is clear and agreed what is expected by others and PWW & C.
- Liaise with customers with regards dates for all aspects of the project from Commencement to Final Sign Off and Practical Completion. This will include any electrical making safe, scaffolding and/or any other special requirements that need to be factored and organised.
- Take ownership of scheduling and inputting data onto the database for all future installations and work along side the General Manager in making sure the Master Tracker (document that tracks all live projects through the overall project life cycle from order to Practical Completion) is up date and live.
- Accommodate, co-ordinate and communicate the regular (and often daily) changes to contract programmes and re-plan and adjust the schedules to accordingly via database and the Master Tracker Respectively.
- Deal effectively with any sub-contractor issues; be they practical issues on site, performance related issues, timescale challenges to completion and/or any customer issues.
- Ensure that all projects that require delivery are planned, scheduled and vehicles usually loaded the day before. Communicate with the Factory Foreman in these instances, with any issues communicated with the General Manager.
- Effectively manage the distribution and collection of Fitters Packs and Timesheets through to accounts and communicate any financial and/or invoice matters or issues with the General Manager whe
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76374801