International Tax Manager
This position will be primarily responsible for UK tax reporting (UK direct tax returns & tax accounting) as well as the international aspects of the US GAAP worldwide income tax provision. This position will also be responsible for supporting the US and international tax controversy teams on audits and the international tax team on the compliance and reporting aspects of certain projects. This position will be based in London.
The primary job duties will include:
- Responsibility for managing all external income tax reporting obligations for Amazon’s subsidiaries in the UK. This includes reporting under US GAAP for SEC reporting purposes, FRS102 for standalone financial statement reporting purposes and, tax compliance. This includes supporting the relevant accounting teams in preparing the tax provisions and disclosures for the financial statements.
- Responsibility for the income tax controllership and reporting function for subsidiaries in the UK (including tax compliance and cash tax management). This includes managing the research and documentation of in-country tax technical and tax accounting positions.
- Functioning as the Reporting Team point of contact on certain business strategies, projects and transactions.
- Supporting the international tax and tax controversy teams on tax audits.
- Supporting the international tax compliance and reporting aspects of relevant mergers, acquisitions and integrations.
- Demonstrable direct tax experience.
- Significant experience with accounting for income taxes under US GAAP, IFRS, or similar accounting rules.
- Significant knowledge of cross-border income tax laws.
- University Degree.
- ACA / CTA qualified.
- Fluency in English.
- Previous industry or Big 4 experience.