Software and Web Development Apprentice
In 2013 the worldwide developer population was 18.2 million. By 2019, it is estimated there will be 26.4 million developers.
Do you want to be one of them?
Baltic Training are delighted to be in partnership with Welland Marketing to recruit a Software and Web Development Apprentice to join our clients existing team based in the heart of Peterborough City Centre! As a forward thinking, ever growing company specialising in Digital Marketing Solutions, this role will see you work alongside a team of experts whilst gaining first-class work experience allowing you to kick start your career in the Web Development industry!
A wise man once said, "Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Not only do our apprentices learn faster and earn money at the same time, they gain invaluable workplace experience.
When it comes to apprenticeships, research shows that apprentices can earn up to £4,000 more per year than their peers. Alongside this, all apprentices are entitled to other benefits such as pension and national insurance contributions, and also paid holiday entitlement.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Working both as part of a team and on your own to complete developments tasks as required.
- Using coding languages such as HTML & CSS.
- Updating and amending client websites.
- Writing and testing code as part of development projects.
- Growing your knowledge and understanding of web development and the digital industry, keeping up to date with all new company products accordingly.
Training to be Provided:
- Level 3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Software Testing and Software Design
- Object-oriented Programming C#
- Customer Support Provision
- Web Development
- Designing and Creating Advanced Websites
- Design Software
Skills and qualifications required:
- A passion for the Web.
- Knowledge in HTML, CSS, PHP or Java would be beneficial but not essential.
- Experience of WordPress an advantage but not essential.
- Ability to use own initiative whilst being part of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Technically minded.
The future is bright
Upon completion, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits:
- £150 per week
- Full time (37.5 hours per week)
Location and Travel:
This role is located at the company offices in Peterborough just off the A47 and is easily accessible by car. Situated just 2 miles from the City Centre it is also on the main bus routes from the centre of town and the train station approximately every ten minutes.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the Recruit for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75983914