Mixed Media Content Editor
Expedia is looking for an extraordinary digital storyteller to join our Global Learning & Communications team.
You'll have extensive experience of producing mixed media content, integrating graphics, data, copy, videos and interactive elements to create content that is original, impactful and measurable.
You will work with people from across Expedia, understand the story they are trying to tell, and scope, propose and build packages of content that resonate with their intended audience. An ability to connect the right content to the right media will be coupled with a full understanding of the design process, plus an understanding of the resources and time required to create the work.
The work demands the perfect mix of creativity and design with strong relationship management, keeping your stakeholders informed and ensuring your colleagues and any external vendors are clear on their brief. You'll need strong influencing skills to ensure you get the right outcome for our audience, at a demanding pace.
You will have the vision to transform problems, and sometimes confused objectives, into informative and digestible content through engaging storytelling and working in close partnership with our user experience team.
You'll work across multiple areas in GLO to source, research and design - creating short and long-form content for a global audience of internal sales and support teams, as well as the 500,000+ hotel partners Expedia works with.
The GLO Team
We are a team set up to create world-class training and communications content. We have earned the trust of our colleagues within Expedia to engage our audiences, which means we have a lot of creative freedom in the work we do. We develop content for both employees and hotel partners, and have platforms that our audiences are engaged with. Expectations are high, but this comes with strong team and management support to make sure the work produced has impact with our audiences.
- Ability to interpret and build briefs, initiating projects to build effective content packages.
- Innovates through idea conception to connect content solutions to business needs.
- Has mechanisms for understanding an audience, stays close to their needs and is able to stay current on what they think and feel.
- Scopes global needs by building strong relationships, strives to understand cultural difference and is able to demonstrate that understanding through content that works globally.
- Works closely with other GLO team members from written, graphics and video to harness content and alongside developers to design the user experience.
- Creates content packages that can be tracked and measured.
- Builds strong relationships with key internal stakeholders & subject matter experts to support design and sign off content, ensuring it is accurate and can easily be updated.
- Organises own timelines and influences others to stay on track with content creation.
- Designs both short and long-form packages of content across multiple content types, written, graphics, video that simplifies, informs and trains, whilst being highly engaging. Designs in collaboration.
- Presents ideas clearly, with excellent communication skills with the ability to handle both executive leadership and operational teams, adapting style to different audiences as needed.
- Exceptional ability to independently joins the dots on content's potential across a variety of content types and can brief others effectively so all content teams create their best work.
- Possess vision, passion and curiosity in engaging people with content.
- Proven ability to think in creative visual terms and show an imaginative approach to content design.
- Delivers and encourages innovation in others.
- Strong ability to effectively consult, communicate and collaborate to get to the core business need and identify the best content package to address it.
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and change.
- Experience/education working in journalism, ideally in visual journalism.
- Experience creating measurable content and interactions.
- Experience in considering global needs.
- Experience in planning the production of multiple work streams and diverse content types.
- Experience using Mac and Microsoft Office.
Exceptional Candidates will have:
- Experience or knowledge in UX/UI and has worked with developers to produce content.
- Knowledge of graphic design and data visualisation.
- Knowledge of adult education theory.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76187262