Senior Management Accountant
One of our Central Support Offices is based in Gosforth and is a bustling hub of Parkdean Resorts. This exciting place to work houses all the essential supporting functions for our 73 holiday parks along with our award winning Contact Centre.
This modern office has a great feel, a mix of energetic knowledgeable professionals all working as one unified team to achieve Parkdean Resorts objectives. Based near the centre of Newcastle upon Tyne, it has great transport links.
Are you a qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with over 2 years post qualified experience? Do you have experience of management accounts including managing and leading a team? If so, then we have an exciting new opportunity in our Central Support Office in Newcastle.
- Working as a member of the Finance Management team, you will be working with the accountants and Business Analysts to ensure that all weekly and monthly processes are completed in a timely fashion, and to a high degree of accurately.
- You will be responsible for preparing and analysing periodic management accounts for our parks, including KPI's.
- As a Senior Management accountant you will be confident in liaising with with park management to resolve and understand any queries they may have.
- You must also be able to explain the park results to the rest of the FP&A team, and provide input to the monthly finance Managers report.
- You will also oversee the weekly On Park Spend reporting on income and also Gross Profit margin analysis, review before distribution.
- Complete and review balance sheet reconciliations covering various stock and accruals balance.
- Be able to present the reconciliations on a monthly basis to the Head of FP&A and Director of Finance, explaining and resolving any variances and discrepancies.
- You will ensure reporting is relevant and targeted to the business needs, whilst playing an effective role in the desire to ultimately move to a 2 day month end P&L process, reviewing existing areas which require focus and improvement.
- Complete a review of all On Park Spend accounting processes, ensuring all processes are fully document
- Act in a pro-active manner highlighting areas of concern to senior management on a timely and thought out basis, keenly seeking for continuous improvement within processes.
- Ad hoc tasks as required by the business and agreed by the Finance Management team.
The successful candidate will be:
· Qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) with over 2 years post qualified experience
· Experience of management accounts including managing and leading a team
· Ability to build relationships and communicate with people at all levels
· Ability to explain complex financial issues to non- Finance personnel
· Working under minimal supervision
· Excellent Excel skills, experience of Finance reporting tools and Finance systems.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76142341