Retail Trainee Manager
Our client has a fantastic opportunity for a Trainee Manager to join the team based in London. Joining on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £23,293 + bonuses.
They want to make the company the only place people think about when they want to buy wine. So, if you’ve got a passion for wine, customers and operational excellence, they want you to apply and start an exciting and ambitious journey to become a retail leader. A Trainee Manager role is perfect for candidates who believe they have what it takes to be a successful Store Manager in 2-3 years.
What will I be doing as a Trainee Manager?
Their job is to help customers discover and buy wines that they will love! You’ll start your career at the heart of their business as a Trainee Manager. Put simply, you’ll spend your time -
- Delivering exceptional service to every customer, in-store and out on deliveries in their vans, so they keep coming back.
- Using your growing wine wizardry to help them dispel the belief that wine is a pompous product, bring wine to life and help their customers find and buy wines they love.
- Helping to run a smooth operation, ensuring your store is spick and span, fully stocked and a great place to shop.
- Being a team player and contributing to your store success and sales targets.
Learning. With plenty of hands on experience and regular visits to the Support Centre, they’ll arm you with all the knowledge you need to become a future retail guru. As for wine, through training, tastings and study they’ll give you all the tools and support you need to sit the WSET Level 2, and pass with flying colours to become a fully fledged wine wizard.
Moving on up?
Show them you can do it, and after a successful 12 months and completion of your WSET 2, you’ll be well on your way to becoming an Assistant Manager. After 2-3 years you could be managing your very own store.
Is the Trainee Manager for me?
Their Trainee Managers come from all walks of life. You could be a fresh graduate, a seasoned retail professional or looking for a total career change. But there’s a few things that they all have in common.
At the company they are…
- People people. A natural leader, you’re humble, more than happy to roll your sleeves up and muck in, and you enjoy working hand in hand within a close-knit team. And of course you like having fun.
- Customer champions. You live, think and breathe customer.
- Wine lovers. You certainly don’t have to be an expert, but you have a real enthusiasm for learning about wine, and sharing that with their customers and your team.
- Natural salespeople. People want to buy from you.
- Doers. You have a strong sense of personal responsibility and accountability. You make things happen.
- Determined. Retail is hard work, it suits active people. You love and crave working relentlessly hard, and do it with a sparky, gutsy, determination.
- Flexible. So you can take full advantage of the opportunities to progress by working in different stores.
- Smart. You have a degree or relevant qualification in any subject, or proven relevant work experience.
- Good drivers. You have held a full driving license (that’s valid in the UK) for at least 12 months, and are over twenty years old.
- Committed. From working busy weekends to studying for industry-recognised wine qualifications, it’s a long way from a Monday to Friday, 9 till 5 desk job.
- Passionate. They’re a customer business, a retail business, a wine business and a people business. They love all 4, and you will too.
Across London to start ASAP.
What you’ll get as their Trainee Manager
- 29 days holiday, including public and bank holidays.
- 20% staff discount, for you and two family or friends, free lunch Fridays
- Store bonus schemes
- Industry Leading Training and WSET Qualification/s, invites to wine tasting events and educational travel opportunities
- A contributory company Pension Plan
- Free shares to share in the future success of the business
- Life Assurance (3 x salary)
If you feel you are suitable for the Trainee Manager role, please apply now.
Please be aware that this advert may be closed earlier than advertised due to a large volume of applications.
Closing Date - 25/09/2017
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75929064