Senior Digital Accountant
We’re looking for exceptional people with outstanding accounting and analytical skills. People who are entrepreneurial, driven and who have what it takes, to make us the place for people to come to, for their entertainment needs.
As part of a multifaceted team, this position focuses on Amazon’s Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) business. The individual will be responsible for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting, supporting simultaneous new business project launches and assisting various business partners in identifying accounting controls and processes that are required to support financial and operational reporting. This person will be expected to take ownership, identify improvements and drive positive change across the organization.
Responsibilities will include:
- Preparation of various monthly/quarterly/annual deliverables in relation to the group’s SVOD business, to support both internal and external financial reporting, accounting and controllership
- Monthly preparation and sign off on all related balance sheet account reconciliations and investigate/resolve any variances
- Preparation of US GAAP technical accounting memos
- Quarterly preparation and sign off on all estimates and key SOX 404 controls
- Providing insightful analysis and understanding of performance
- Reporting in line with the group timetable
- Ad hoc, cross functional project work, including, but not limited to, accounting/process integration with Amazon systems and policies
- Working closely with business partners in UK, EU, and globally to identify process improvement opportunities for existing processes and controls, and drive positive change across the organization.
- Building an efficient and effective internal controls environment for AIV that is consistent with Amazon’s high standards and practices.
- Applying knowledge of multiple reporting systems to deliver solutions. This requires advanced computer literacy (MS Office, especially Excel & Access) and the aptitude to understand system dependencies. Knowledge of Oracle, Hyperion Essbase, Cognos, database structures and SQL are an advantage.
We are a global leader in online media. We obsess over our customers and that's where we make our investments. We thrive on hiring dedicated, high-achieving professionals who work hard together to meet the cutting-edge opportunities and challenges of e-commerce
In return, we will offer you an attractive package including basic salary, stock units, and other excellent benefits including healthcare. You will also have the opportunity to develop a rewarding career with one of the UK's leading online retailers.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age, sex, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. Basic Qualifications
- ACA, CIMA, ACCA or similar credentials required
- Relevant post qualification accounting experience (public practice/industry mix preferred
- Strong focus on controls
- Detailed experience of a monthly close cycle, periodic financial reporting and related analytical analysis with a knowledge of various GAAP accounting rules including US GAAP, UK GAAP and IFRS.
- Candidates must have demonstrated an ability to successfully lead complex, milestone driven projects.
Traits we are looking for in a candidate are a strong desire to exceed expectations, effective interpersonal skills; including persuasive written and oral communication, solid organizational skills, ability to assess and some experience with information technology. Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent analytical skills (Excel, Access)
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
- Experience working with Oracle/COGNOS
The following professional traits that are not unique to this position, but are necessary for Amazon leaders:
- Has relentlessly high standards
- Operates at all levels within her/his organisation
- Expects and requires innovation
- Has conviction
- Results oriented
- Thinks big