Learning Support Assistant job in Hammersmith
Learning Support Assistant job in Hammersmith - October 2017
Job Title: LSA
Location: London Borough of Hammersmith and Fulham
Contract Type: Long Term Temporary/Permanent Job
Start Date: October 2017
Salary: Inner London Main Pay Scale
Your new company
This school has been graded as Outstanding' in their most recent Ofsted report. The school caters for pupils with mild learning difficulties (MLD) including speech, communication and language sessions (SLCN). The school itself is located in Hammersmith with great transport links into and across Central London.
Your new role
In your new learning support job you will assist the delivery of high quality lesson content, which will keep students engaged and motivated to create the best possible learning environment. You will be responsible for providing 1:1 and small group support in a Special school that has capped pupil count of 10 per class, and you will work alongside two other experienced LSAs.
Majority of pupils in your class are also supported by a qualified Speech and Language Therapist, who have implemented guidelines that should be incorporated into the lesson plans. The curriculum and classes are tailored to the ability of the students and the school. The key criteria for the school is teaching with happiness and enthusiasm, as well as managing the classroom effectively.
In return, you will receive a supportive and nurturing workplace, with access to new state of the art resources as well as opportunities for career progression and continuous training. You will be working alongside other like-minded individuals and report into the Assistant Headteacher.
What you'll need to succeed
* Degree Educated
* Experience assisting the delivery of KS1 national curriculum within an SEND setting
* To be motivated and passionate with strong pupil management skills
* Previous experience working closely with MLD and ideally SLCN
* Ability to work as part of a team and efficiently settle in to an SEND department
* Desirable (but not essential) is experience using Makaton, PECS, Visual Aids and BSL
Benefits of working for Hays Education
* Competitive rates of pay in line with experience and qualifications/training
* A personal Consultant offering advice and guidance in this specialist area
* Refer a Friend scheme - £250 every time you recommend a teacher
* Free Child Protection and Safeguarding Training
* Recognised holder of the DfE Quality Mark
What you need to do now
To apply please click the 'Apply Now' button or contact Nicholas Louch on 0207 259 8770 or email for more information. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share the commitment. All appointments will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced DBS check.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76158408