Finance Business Partner
Finance Business Partner position with a well known charity in Westbury on Trym.
Or client are a well known charity based in Westbury on Trym, who care for adults with life-limiting illnesses.
As part of the Finance team restructure, this new role has been created in the team. This will allow the team to offer more support to decision making within the organisation, perform a higher level of analytical work and work more closely with our budget holders.
Main Job Purpose:
- Provide a high level of analytical support to the organisation, supporting decision-making and identifying opportunities for income generation and cost savings.
- Responsible for constant improvement of Finance team reporting to ensure it is relevant and useful.
- Work closely with budget holders
- Lead budget and reforecast processes
- Manage Financial Analyst and take responsibility for their development.
- Analyse monthly Management Accounts as produced by the Transactional and Reporting team and add commentary. Feed back errors and adjustments and feed in information on accruals.
- Regular meetings and dialogue with budget holders to review income and expenditure versus budget and reforecast and generate a view of likely out-turn for the year.
- Perform an initial review of current reporting provided by the Finance team. Make recommendations for improvements to ensure they are as useful and relevant as possible. This should include adding non-Financial data and KPIs. Ongoing review of reporting to ensure continuous improvement.
- Lead the annual budget process to ensure budgets are as accurate as possible, reforecasting as significant variances arise. This will involve working with the business to develop business planning.
- Provide support for business cases, tenders and trust applications.
- Qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA) or qualified by experience
- Charity / not for profit experience
- Previous analytical role
- Experience of supporting budget holders / business partners
- Experience of budget setting and reforecasting
- Broad experience of Financial and Management Accounting, transaction processing and VAT
- Experience in using a mainstream accounting package
- Experience of using a reporting system / application
- System implementation experience
- Team management experience
By joining the charity as FinanceBusiness Partner you'll receive:
- A basic salary of £35,000.
- Free Parking in Bristol.
- Good holiday and pension contribution.
Please note, our clients offices are based in Westbury on Trym in Bristol, their offices are commutable from Bristol, Bath, Taunton, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Weston-S-Mare.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76195287