SQL Database Developer
Wellington Professional Recruitment is currently working exclusively with a Manhattan based company in Belfast.
Specialising in software and applications for their global portfolio of Hedge Fund clients, these roles offer a mix of core development and client interaction that you will not get elsewhere in the local market.
- Deep knowledge and understanding of T-SQL, Basic SQL, Grouping operations, Stored procedures, Functions, CTES etc.
- Good understanding of MS SQL server query performance, optimization and tuning.
- Good understanding of MS SQL administration and daily operations including database sizing, replication, backup, migration and general database maintenance.
- Good knowledge of the feature sets of different SQL server versions and how these can be leveraged effectively when upgrading.
- Upgrade strategies between SQL Server versions and data migration between them.
- Database schema updates and upgrade scripts during deployment and release of new Product versions.
- Third level degree in a Computing Science or related discipline.
- 2 years of designing and developing databases using Microsoft SQL Server in a professional team environment.
- Ability to influence technical discussions and provide technical leadership.
- Ability to anticipate problems and take decisive action, giving regard to the impact on other project teams, development partners and stakeholders.
- Ability to comprehend complex business and technical scenarios.
- Excellent SQL and T-SQL coding ability.
- Experience in Performance Tuning and Optimization (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Excellent Knowledge of indexes, index management and statistics.
- Exposure to and understanding of high volumes of data.
Depending on experience, technical ability and interview performance the salary for this role is £65,000 with benefits package and an unrivalled bonus scheme. For the ideal candidate there will also be room for negotiation on this. Our Client is known to make significant investment into their staff which reflects in how much they value the people that work for them and their extremely high retention rate. They offer flexible and remote working when required with lots of other perks outside of their benefits package.
To hear more on this first class opportunity send your CV via the link below or call Cathal McDonagh on 028 90 820947.
Please note that WPR is acting as an Agency on behalf of our Client.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76193451