Leading client in the hospitality/leisure industry located near the colne and north yorkshire areas is looking for an experienced Front End Web Designer/Developer working as part of a team of Front End website developers, designers and testers, responsible for the amendment, creation and maintenance of the layout, visual appearance and usability of key transactional websites. With hundreds of websites and multiple brands, this exciting role will be varied.
As a Web Designer your skills/experience will include:
- You should be experienced coding with HTML, CSS and jQuery
- Liaising closely with internal customers throughout the initiation, design and build process to answer questions such as: why is the site needed, who is the target audience, who are the leading competitors, what are the key hooks etc.
- Designing a draft/prototype site for client approval or modification/Creating visuals of concepts
- Adherence to current W3C web standards and best practice, including understanding of and ability to write AAA rated HTML and cross browser/cross platform compatibility. Using creative and technical expertise to ensure that the sites are of the highest quality in terms of both creativity and usability in order to achieve maximum conversion.
- A flexible attitude with proven experience of working in a small team.
- Demonstrates the ability to cooperate with a variety of people and achieve results.
- Demonstrates a deep understanding of web UI technology.
- Has worked on time sensitive projects
- Has a strong portfolio displaying user-centred design. An online/pen drive ready, windows computer will be available at the interview upon request.
- Eye-catching, neat, commercial online creative
- Has the ability to present design and facilitate creative/critique discussion
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail. Accurately prepares written documentation that is coherent, grammatically correct, effective, professional and technically accurate.
- Ability to understand technical templates and communicate constraints
- Proactive by nature.
On offer is a salary up to 30k, 5% bonus and a good range of benefits. Our client has a great work ethic/culture and is committed to staff training and development.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76187144