Our client is currently looking for a PHP Developer to come and join their team based in Stockport. Joining on a full time permanent basis, you will receive a competitive salary of £30,000 to £40,000 per annum.
Our client is the leading UK provider of Registration& DVLA vehicle lookup services, and is best known for popular consumer service, MyCarCheck.com, which provides accurate registration lookup information of vehicle history for consumers and B2B customers via web and app services. They also carries out over two million checks per day for B2B partners, including CompareTheMarket, Go Compare, Moneysupermarket, RAC Business, Swiftcover, Swinton and Tesco Bank.
They have built a collaborative and creative culture where they employ agile techniques to deliver their pace-setting applications. They like to work in small, focused groups so you are always learning from people around you and you feel a part of the success of each project you are involved with. There is also a subsidised restaurant and a games room.
About the PHP Developer role
Primarily you will be working on the new web solution for vehicle finance providers - currently being used by some of the largest lenders in the UK. Using your technical flare, you will drive the product forward. Working in an agile squad will give you every opportunity to work collaboratively with testers, developers and analyst. You’ll be exposed to front, and back end technologies, keeping you technically challenged and driven in your role.
What they’re looking for in their PHP Developer
- Proven and demonstrable ability in a related programming job
- Proven ability in a PHP programming using OOP methodologies
- Proven ability in SQL database integration
- Proven ability in (X) HTML and CSS
- Experience of working with staged build environments
- Experience in use of Symfony, Laravel or other frameworks
- Experience of using Git
- Proven ability in XML/JSON and Web Services
- Proven ability in use of Apache and Linux or Unix-based OS
- Ability in Oracle Integration
- Experience of working with Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience of Jenkins or other automated build tools
- Deploying on Amazon Web Services
- Experience of test driven development
- Experience of Behat or other automated test frameworks
What you can be offered as a PHP Developer
- Work with the best in the business
- Flexible hours
- Shuttle bus to and from the station
- Subsidised restaurant
- 25 days holiday to start
- Social activities
- Dress down policy
- Tax free child care vouchers
- Life and health assurance
- Award nominated learning programmes
- Community projects
- Opportunities for career progression
If you would like to join the team as the new PHP Developer please click ‘apply’ today – don’t miss out on this exciting opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76310964