The core function of this position is to produce timely, accurate management accounts together with key management information; to consolidate budget and forecast/business plan information; to perform key reconciliation tasks; to assist with year-end processes and statutory accounts preparation.
My client has an exceptional reputation on the job market for looking after their staff. They will cover all aspects from engineering and construction projects, through procurement and design up to project management, installation and maintenance. My client is a subsidiary of a global brand employing over 10,000 people.
- Representing the company in a professional and competent manner at all times and developing strong working relationships with colleagues and clients.
- Continuous management of financial systems, budgets and adherence to internal financial controls
- Preparation of monthly Management and Financial Accounts
- Preparation of Open book accounting including client liaison.
- Forecasting and budgetary responsibilities.
- Preparation of Balance Sheet control accounts.
- Preparation of weekly cash flow forecasts and monthly Finance Pack.
- Collation of information for external audit.
- Preparation of VAT returns.
- Completion and submission of national statistics forms as and when required.
- Review and analysis of Finance data as required.
- Liaison with financial and operational personnel.
- Produce monthly Management Accounts in line with agreed timetable
- Produce high quality work output to required standards
- Work effectively to meet strict deadlines
The successful Management Accountant will likely have the following profile;
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/ CIMA/ ICAS)
- Prior working knowledge in a transferable role
- Prior working knowledge of the engineering and construction industry is desirable
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Strong knowledge of accounting information, whilst keeping up to date with changing financial rules and regulations
- Strong stakeholder management skills - able to discuss financial issues with non-finance individuals
My client is willing to offer the successful Management Accountant a starting salary ranging from £35,000 - £38,000 for the successful Management Accountant, on top of a generous benefits package and the opportunity to progress within a global brand.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76199114