Java Developer - Impact an audience of millions of Amex customers
Java Developer - Make an impact with an audience of millions of Amex customers
You won’t just shape the world of software.
You’ll shape the world of life, work and play.
Our Software Engineers not only understand how technology works, but how that technology intersects with the people who count on it every day. Today, innovative ideas, insight and new perspectives are at the core of how we create a more powerful, personal and fulfilling experience for all our customers. So if you’re interested in a career creating breakthrough software and making an impact on an audience of millions, look no further.
You won’t just keep up, you’ll break new ground.
There are hundreds of opportunities to make your mark on technology and life at American Express. Here’s just some of what you’ll be doing:
- Taking your place as a core member of an agile team driving the latest development practices
- Writing code and unit tests, working with API specs and automation
- Identifying opportunities for adopting new technologies
- Working with a team of engineers that deliver knowledge management solutions to businesses worldwide
- Working with DevOps to provide lightning-paced speed to market
- Collaborating closely with business product owners to ensure solutions meet their needs
Are you up for the challenge?
- Preferably a BS or MS degree in computer science, computer engineering, or other technical discipline
- Software development experience
- Ability to effectively interpret technical and business objectives and challenges and articulate solutions
- Willingness to learn new technologies and exploit them to their optimal potential
At the core of Software Engineering
Every member of our team must be able to demonstrate some of the following technical, functional, leadership and business core competencies, including:
- Java SE & EE
- Spring Framework (Core, MVC, Boot, Batch)
- Micro service architecture
- Caching technologies e.g. Redis, Ehcache
- Data storage technologies e.g. RDMBS, NOSQL
- Continuous Integration & Continuous Delivery
- Dependency Management & Build Tools e.g. Maven, Gradle
- Agile Practices
- Business Analysis
- Analytical Thinking
- Business Product Knowledge
Why American Express
Talk to our people and you’ll find out what we’re really all about. Open, creative, risk-taking, collaborative and innovative are just some of the expressions you’ll hear. It’s our culture that makes American Express an outstanding place to work, and a big part of why we regularly win best workplace awards all over the world. If you’re ready to take on a challenge and make an impact, you owe it to yourself to launch or grow your career here.
This job was originally posted as www.cwjobs.co.uk/job/76193904