An excellent opportunity for a candidate moving from practice in to industry to work with a large international property organisation based in the heart of London. This role will have a varied level of responsibility acting as an Associate Director for the UK and EMEA function and will be reliable for delivering finance information to senior stake holders across the business.
The company is a property investment business which operate on an international scale.
- Responsible for technical accounting support for private equity fund and global real estate transactions including acquisition, disposition, partial sales, re-structure, re-financing, loan modification, like-kind exchange and other major transaction related matters.
- Able to provide timely advice on technical accounting and financial reporting matters to accounting teams and all business functions.
- Able to prepare transaction accounting memos (including but not restricted to review transaction closing documents and journal entries) with cooperation with property and fund team to address specific accounting and financial reporting matters; prepare and provide additional analysis for share sale transaction.
- Able to research emerging accounting issues related to the company's global financial reports as required under IFRS.
- Assist in establishing accounting policies for the company and provide training to accounting teams related to existing accounting policies, new accounting policies and other technical updates.
- Coordinate with various departments, i.e. fund accounting, property accounting, tax compliance, portfolio management, legal compliance and asset management, etc. each quarter for routine and non-routine transaction updates.
- Able to work with the accounting team and the auditors to explain the company's positions on complicated and/or technical accounting topics during interim audit and year-end audit
- Able to provide guidance and advice to fund and property accounting team on local regulatory issues related to financial reporting
- 2 years plus accounting or auditing background ideally from the Big 4.
- Able to demonstrate a strong analytical, technical and communication skills and previous experience working for a public accounting firm is highly desirable as is a strong knowledge of real estate, private equity fund accounting and/or due diligence activities.
- The candidate must have strong research and analytical skills and current knowledge of IFRS. Knowledge of US GAAP would also be an advantage.
- The individual must be able to effectively research, interpret and present appropriate accounting treatment for a variety of real estate transactions and financial reporting. In addition, the applicant must have strong business skills to understand new topics and issues quickly, and communicate such matters to a global audience.
The client is offering in the range of £60,000- £70,000 plus a competitive bonus/benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76201602