Marketing Communications Manager
bira is an exciting and dynamic organisation with ambitious goals. We offer many opportunities and the chance to actively participate in the collective success. We are looking for energetic, passionate, hardworking and fun people who enjoy moving things forward, who embrace responsibility and learn fast.
If this sounds like the environment you are looking for, then our new vacancy for Marketing Communications Manager could be just what you are looking for.
It will be your responsibility to develop, coordinate and implement multiple communications plans - membership engagement, member acquisition and service growth offer for both existing and new member businesses. A keen commercial outlook is essential to drive net member growth, and hit financial objectives for service uptake throughout the year.
Through inspired multi-channel activities, you’ll deliver compelling personalised messages to targeted audiences igniting action and reinforcing the organisations’ integrity. You will start conversations and support new business development objectives, lead generation and sales targets. You’ll devise and deliver targeted campaigns creating a steady flow of qualified leads for the membership team to convert.
This is a challenging and diverse role offering a breadth of responsibility including marcomms, brand development, thought leadership, digital, CRM, networking and events. Working closely with the Head of Marketing & Events, operating at a senior level and responsible for liaising with a wide range of stakeholders, you’ll have the credibility and confidence to effectively engage and influence and you’ll be driven by results, ROI and accountability.
Your role as Marketing Communications’ Manager will have a specific focus on two main areas:
1. Net membership growth through retention and recruitment
2. Increasing member engagement and loyalty through service uptake and all other available channels.
- All membership marketing communications planning and project management linked to membership engagement and acquisition
- Collaborate on and implement a company-wide membership marketing communications plan
- Planning and scheduling all member communications, keeping a calendar of all activity
- Lead nurturing and generation in support of sales, driving growth across multiple sectors and services
- Supporting the head of marketing, PR & Events with service partner relationships and developing affiliate marketing plans
- Working closely with senior colleagues to devise and deliver service uptake campaigns ensuring that key services get adequate exposure and uptake
- Working with relevant agencies on the conception, design and then the internal production of all membership marketing collateral (using Adobe Creative Suite 5.5 or higher)
- Creating, writing and leading on content creation across all channels including (but not limited to) membership newsletters, blogs, magazine content etc.
- Conducting extensive market research and insight – suggesting new ways of delivering membership marketing campaigns and activity with a clear focus on lead generation
- Lead on, deliver and analyse membership surveys and other research to guide marketing plans and activity
- Developing targeted and segmented comms programmes using CRM data
- To hit financial goals and targets and ensure that all activity is delivered to a high standard and to budget.
- To build in-depth knowledge of members and be proactively involved with them at all possible opportunities
- To be aware of and engage with key trade issues and trends.
- Working closely with the Web and Digital Media Manager to ensure the website and social media is updated with key marketing messages and content
- Support the Web and Digital Media Manager with the digital marketing strategy, contributing ideas and opportunities for improving ROI
- To support the Head of Marketing, PR and Events in delivering to financial goals and targets, maintaining a high standard and best practice
- Agree metrics for and analyse the results of all marketing activity and present findings and recommendations on a regular basis to senior management
- Be a CRM and data advocate and drive data use and analysis for targeted communications
- Identify opportunities for membership growth (sector and group wide), segment and gain marketing insight to develop well-informed targeted marketing campaigns
- Lead nurturing and generation in support of sales, driving growth across multiple sectors, products and services
- Monitoring and reporting on competitor activity
- Ensure a coherent brand presence, messages and tone of voice across all membership communications and touchpoints
- Provide or request training and development for self and others, to grow the skills and capabilities of those delivering marketing to support membership recruitment/retention
- Attend meetings with or on behalf of the Head of Marketing, PR and Events as and when required
- Raise the profile of marketing through internal communications about any membership marketing campaigns and activity
- Adhere to all the necessary internal and external compliance, legal and regulatoryframeworks
- Ad-hoc projects and other work as required by the Head of Marketing and Marketing, Membership and Publishing Director
- Degree in digital marketing, communications, marketing or a related field
- Demonstrable working experience in marketing - leading and managing marketing communications campaigns
- Excellent project management experience.
- Highly creative with experience in identifying target audiences and devising communication campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Advance knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking
- Up-to-date with the latest trends and best practices in marketing and measurement
Person Specification :
- Proactive, hands-on, creative and passionate – excellent people skills
- Problem solver with outstanding attention to detail
- Excellent project and time management skills; deadline driven
- A proactive, positive and methodical approach to problem-solving
- A flexible approach to working as part of a team.
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of marketing as well as strong writing and editorial skills, with an ability to write information on complex issues in a way that is clear, easy to understand, accessible and engaging
- Capacity to independently operate as well as being able to work well as part of the wider marketing team
- Capacity to be flexible and adapt to a fast paced, changing environment.
- Able to win the immediate confidence of senior colleagues and deal with a range of stakeholders who may have conflicting priorities.
- Able to take decisive action under pressure when appropriate.
- To be able to work on multiple project streams, managing conflicting priorities and responsibilities.
- • Experience of working within retail
- • Experience of working within a membership organisation
- • Standard hours are 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday. However, in the lead up to major campaigns or events, longer hours may be necessary. Some weekend work and travel to meet retailers and suppliers, attend exhibitions, conferences and other events is expected.
To apply please click the apply button below.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76157472