This is a newly created role which has come about due to a very exciting period for the business. Having established an excellent brand name, the role will be crucial to how the business drives profitability and analysis of their different brands with in the business.
Currently one of the UK's most exciting brands within their industry that has had a massive impact both in the UK and internationally. The has been significant expansion over the past 5 years, entering new revenue streams that is part of the overall objective to grow the brand name.
As a result of the above recruitment has been a key part of their success both with in finance and the business as a whole.
The Cost Accountant in Edinburgh is a newly created role therefore a lot of the responsibilities with naturally evolve as the person settles into the role and business. Therefore the below is a guide line to the initial requirements. Please note that only applicants with manufacturing experience can be considered for the role.
Initial key responsibilities:
- Gross Contribution analysis and review
- Variance cost analysis - PPV, production variances
- Setting up Product costings
- Business Partner to multiple ops teams
- Ad-hoc projects and overall increasing the understanding of the business
The successful applicant for the Cost Accountant in Edinburgh's head office will have the following experience:
- Manufacturing experience is essential
- Accountancy qualification (CIMA, CA, ACCA) - desired
- Ideally operated in a similar role as the above
- Advanced Excel
- Strong Academic background
- Highly numerical
- Excellent problem solving
- Strong communication skills
This is a permanent Cost Accountant role with a salary circa £35,000 plus a generous package. The role offers an excellent opportunity to progress your career, with multiple options.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76186018