Cloud Security Engineer
As a Cloud/AWS Security Engineer, you will assist and participate in maintenance and administration of software tools that support the Information Security Program. Examples of security tools include software to support endpoint security/encryption, physical security, vulnerability scanners, network firewalls, web application firewalls, data leakage and web proxy/filtering.
You will also focus on the design, deployment and operation of a cloud infrastructure. Tapping into your expertise in network systems and cloud technologies, you will efficiently employ best practices such as automation, continuous integration, and supporting application deployments.
• Analyse security outputs from various technologies to effectively investigate and resolve security incidents.
• Provide clear, concise, timely and constructive recommendations regarding IT security in all areas related to information systems and networks.
• Perform risk and impact analysis on proposed changes and projects to the security infrastructure.
• Review vulnerability reports, provide remediation and mitigation solutions.
• Analyze, troubleshoot, and correct network/security problems remotely.
• Maintain and administer network security infrastructure systems as Checkpoint and Web Application Firewalls.
• Monitor security system logs (i.e. Web Application Firewall, firewall system logs, etc.) and report on discovered anomalies or problems (i.e. performance issues, inappropriate access patterns).
• Keep fully abreast of trends and changing technologies as they relate to IT and Network Engineering and Information Security fields.
• Participate in evaluation of new products and services
• Assess and articulate the state of security across our AWS platform
• Work with different companies in the group to build, scale, and secure cloud infrastructure.
• Ensure secure migration of existing applications to cloud infrastructure.
• Build and innovate tools or use automation to replace security operating manual processes, reporting, and enforcement.
• Work closely with various teams to implement and incorporate best cloud security practices
• Working towards flexible processes, develop, document, and test both new and enhanced security
• Drive best practice, quality, and consistency within our design and development phase
We require experience in the following:
• Web application firewall (Imperva SecureSphere or Akamai KONA) experience would be a plus
• Working knowledge of network security, authentication mechanisms, wireless, encryption technologies, and networking protocols including HTTP(S), DNS, SMTP, TCP/IP, UDP and SNMP
• Minimum of 3 to 5 years directly related work experience in network, security administration\ system engineering
• Knowledge of network security exploits and implementations
• Exposure to some open source or commercial network, security, and vulnerability assessment tools, such as nessus, nmap, Burp suite, Acunetix, tcpdump, metasploit, wireshark
• Strong analytical, reasoning, and organizational skills are essential.
• Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Independent and proactive
• 3+ years' experience with these technologies/tools: Cloud technologies, specifically AWS (all core AWS products), Basic Linux systems administration (Debian/RHEL/ Ubuntu), Windows systems administration.
• Security qualification/s such as CISSP, CISM
• AWS Certified Solutions Architect will be advantageous
• CCNP will be a plus
• Must have excellent written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills to build productive working relationships.
• Must work well in a small team environment
Founded in 1996, StepStone Group is one of the most successful online job board businesses in the world today.
StepStone Group is composed of different companies: StepStone (Germany, Belgium, Austria, Netherlands, Luxembourg and France), Totaljobs Group, Jobsite & Saon Group located in UK, Saon Group located in Ireland, UK, South Africa & South America.
Generous Benefits Package includes:
o 37.5 hour working week;
o 29 Days Holiday plus bank holidays
o Group Pension Scheme
o Life Cover x 4 basic annual salary
o 2 paid charity days per year
o Employee Assistance Programme
o Cycle to Work Scheme
o Free Eye Tests
o Season Ticket Loan (after probation)
o Childcare Allowance (after probation)
o Up to 6 free Physio Sessions (after probation)
o Excellent Maternity & Paternity Pay/Leave
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76154555