New opportunity alert! Here at WIS International, we are recruiting for a permanent Finance Assistant who will be based in our modern offices in York. The successful candidate will receive a competitive pro rata salary of up to £9,360 for a 20 hour contract which will be up to £9.00 per hour depending on experience. You will work Monday to Friday from 1.00pm to 5.00pm. There could also be opportunities to work over and above your contracted hours too.
WIS International is one of the world's leading stocktaking companies and conducts inventories throughout the UK and Europe for household retails names such as Asda, Waitrose, Inditex (Zara) and Dunelm Mill.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Finance Assistant to join our business, as it continues to grow and evolve. The role you play in supporting the Finance function and the Finance Manager is integral and a key part to the Company.
Your duties as our Finance Assistant will include but are not limited to:-
- Processing invoices, authorising payments, raising payments, reconciliations, processing expenses, raising invoices, dealing with any queries and other ad hoc duties
- Support the Payroll department (exposure to BACS, Tax, PAYE, NI, P45?s, P46's, P60's would be advantageous)
- Support the payroll with salary changes, expenses, pension, SSP, etc.
- Produce reports and statistics
- To maintain an accurate up-to-date filing system and finance database
- Answering calls and emails
- Cover and support other team members holidays/time off
- Purchase and Sales ledger
- Bank reconciliations
- Cheque payments/bank transfers
- Month end finance support
- Payroll and Payroll journals
- Mileage reports
- Filing and postage
- General admin and adhoc duties as and when required
Our ideal Finance Assistant:
You will be enthusiastic, passionate and will have excellent attention to detail. You will ideally come from a finance/admin background and possess the following skills and experience:
- Experienced Finance Assistant used to working in a fast pace environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Excellent telephone manner
- Resilient with the ability to deal with challenging situations
Must have flexibility in hours, as extra hours may be required.
Must at least 1 years previous experience of working in finance or accounts department
You will have good organisational skills with excellent attention to detail and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel. You will have previous experience of working to tight deadlines.
You will be a strong team player but with the ability to work independently and will be able to prioritise a busy, varied workload. You will be a good communicator (written and verbal) with a strong supporting focus.
To apply for this fantastic opportunity as our Finance Assistant, then please click 'Apply? today and don?t miss out on this exciting opportunity!
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/959220207