This Financial Accountant position is ideally suited to a Qualified (ICAS/ACCA) accountant that is technically strong, has strong stakeholder engagement skills, and would like to continue their learning and development under the guidance of an FC who trained and qualified in ICAS from the Big 4. This role has been created to act as an extra layer of governance and control underneath the FC.
My client is a leading design & manufacturing brand based in South Lanarkshire that are currently experiencing some excellent growth. They are venture capital backed, allowing my client to plan ambitious growth plans over the next few years.
The Financial Accountant will have the following responsibilities;
- Consolidation of financial accounts
- Detailed analysis and presenting information to senior stakeholders
- Managing complex balance sheets
- Managing complex revenue reporting
- Review of the Fixed Asset Register and other capitalised items
- Continually look for improvements in current processes.
- Responsible for completion of consolidation. Ongoing review to ensure that the model remains for fit for purpose. Take the initial lead on creation of consolidation company within NAV
- Responsible for cash flow updates and monitoring.
- Balance sheet reconciliations. First detailed review and challenge and completion of more complex reconciliations. Ongoing improvement recommendations to reconciliations and process
- Involvement in preparation of statutory accounts and tax.
- Organisation of audit process.
- Ad hoc financial control improvement projects as a key support for FC
- Possibly involved in regular project challenge discussions
The successful candidate will likely have the following profile;
- Qualified Accountant (ICAS/ ACCA)
- Technically strong skill set
- Ability to present information as a business partner
- Ability to adapt to a constantly changing environment
- Prior working knowledge within a larger company (preferable)
- Varied skill set and desire to continue learning
My client is willing to offer a salary ranging from £42,000 - £45,000 for the successful Financial Accountant, in addition to a competitive benefits package and opportunities to grow within a market- leading ambitious brand in Lanarkshire.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76199006