Finance Manager - Charity
Exciting opportunity with a well known Bristol charity.
Or client are a well known charity based in Westbury on Trym, who care for adults with life-limiting illnesses.
As part of a inance team restructure, this new role has been created in the team. This role will take on responsibility for the Transactional and Reporting side of the team's work, previously part of the Financial Controller's role, freeing up time for the Financial Controller to do more top level strategic work.
Main Job Purpose:
- Lead the Transactional and Reporting team to provide an efficient and accurate transactional reporting service to the organisation.
- Produce timely and accurate Management reports including the monthly Management Accounts and the annual report and accounts.
- Operational responsibility for VAT, Corporation Tax and Gift Aid, keeping up-to-date with tax issues that affect the charity sector.
- Line manage three direct reports and take responsibility for their development.
- Ensure accurate transactional processing by the team:
Income Posting (Shops and Fundraising)
Fixed Asset accounting
- Post journals to produce the month end figures including accruals, prepayments, accrued and deferred income and internal recharges.
- Ensure all balance sheet accounts are reconciled monthly and produce a monthly Balance Sheet.
- Produce high quality Management reports for the Decision Support Team and FC to review and analyse including:
- Monthly Management Accounts
- Weekly and monthly Shops reports
- Produce cash flow forecasts.
- Take operational responsibility for VAT, Corporation Tax and Gift Aid, including producing the quarterly VAT return. Have an awareness of tax issues affecting the sector and make recommendations to the FC.
- Qualified (ACA / ACCA / CIMA)
- Charity / not for profit experience
- Broad experience of Financial and Management Accounting, transaction processing and VAT
- Working knowledge of FRS 102
- Gift Aid experience
- Experience in using a mainstream accounting package
- Team management experience
By joining the charity as Finance Manager you'll receive:
- A basic salary of £35,000.
- Free Parking in Bristol.
- Good holiday and pension contribution.
Please note, our clients offices are based in Westbury on Trym in Bristol, their offices are commutable from Bristol, Bath, Taunton, Gloucester, Cheltenham, Weston-S-Mare.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76195275