Senior Product Developer
Manchester city centre (with travel)
12 months fixed term contract
As the UK's leading community retailer, we're all about people. And it's not just our customers who find everything they need at the Co-op - our colleagues do too. Our Product Development team creates award winning own-brand products that our customers really love. We're making a big investment in growing our own-brand ranges, and now we need to recruit a talented senior product developer to join us, and help define and deliver our 3 year development strategy for the food-to-go and bakery category. If you can lead our product developers to innovate, inspire and help us create even more amazing products, we can offer you the chance to develop your skills and build a career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
As a senior product developer at the Co-op, you'll lead a team to deliver, from concept through to launch, fantastic new own-brand products. We'll also look to you to make a strategic contribution to our 3 year category plan, and take a hands-on role in the development process.
What you'll do:
- lead and inspire a team of 3 to deliver amazing new Co-op own brand products
- create brilliant briefs which produce the best designs for new product packaging
- collaborate with the Co-op taste team to develop positive customer messages to support product launches
- work closely with our suppliers to review and benchmark products
- help to define and deliver the 3 year strategic plan for the food-to-go and bakery category
To be successful as a senior product developer, you'll need relevant experience, as well as a real passion for food and up to date knowledge of food trends. Your flair for innovation will help you deliver amazing NPD, and your drive and natural ability to take the initiative will mean you thrive in our fast paced, friendly team.
We'd love to speak to you if:
- you have extensive product development experience (could be retail or manufacturing)
- you can bring great relationship management skills, with the ability to influence people at all levels
- you have a food related degree, this would be extremely desirable, but not essential
- you have some experience of leading and motivating a team would also be a big bonus, but not essential
173 years ago the Rochdale pioneers came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger, and it's thanks to them that as a Co-op colleague you'll receive a competitive salary and benefits including 27 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension.
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can about all our Co-op people policies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76195039