Senior Team Member - Credit Control
£20,000 - £24,000 p/a + amazing benefits (Grade G)
Manchester city centre
12 months fixed term
The Co-op is changing. And it's changing fast. Our credit control team have a key role to play in driving the commercial performance of our business, making sure we're paid on time for the products and services we provide. Now we're looking for an ambitious senior credit controller to join us and help recover outstanding payments and bad debt. If you have great team-working skills and the ability to consistently meet challenging deadlines, we can offer you the chance to build a career in finance with a business that always put people at the heart of its strategy.
As a senior team member within credit control, you'll be responsible for allocating work to team members through the eg work force management system. We'll look to you to manage a high volume of sales ledger debtor accounts, making sure the maximum cash is achieved, and bad debts are kept to an absolute minimum. You'll work across almost all of our businesses, so you'll have great exposure collaborating and communicating with internal and external partners at all levels. It's a hands-on role. You'll be managing some big accounts chasing money and documenting all correspondence accurately. If it's a results driven role you're after, you'll thrive in our fast paced and constantly evolving environment.
What you'll do:
- manage a high volume of calls and queries each day
- aim to process payments quicker, reduce the resolution period and get debt balanced quicker
- go back to business units with any queries on amounts from companies and to discuss outstanding debts
- step up in the team manager's absence, go out to the business and the team
- support and train team members
To be successful, you'll be a strong team player with good knowledge and experience in a credit control environment. You'll also be a great communicator with solid reasoning skills and strong attention to detail and accuracy. We'll need you to show drive and self-motivation, and welcome the challenge of stepping up into a senior team member role within a high pressure results focussed team environment.
We'd love to speak to you if:
- you have a good level of credit control experience
- you're able to build and manage meaningful relationships, and can demonstrate experience of this
- you have excellent communication and influencing skills, able to hold your own and step up as team leader in the team manager's absence
- you have business to business experience, business to customer experience is also good
- you have great time management and the ability to prioritise and manage your workload
- you're have great problem solving skills and a keen eye for detail
- you're studying for an ICM qualification, this would be a bonus
173 years ago the Rochdale pioneers came up with an idea that changed the world. They believed that when people work together, they're stronger, and it's thanks to them that as a Co-op colleague you'll receive a competitive salary and benefits including 24 days holiday, an annual incentive scheme, discounts on all kinds of products and services, and an amazing pension.
We're actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. But we know that simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences. And we recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about all our Co-op people policies.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76152987