Assistant Accountant/ Bookkeeper
Assistant Accountant / Bookkeeper
My client based in the Hemel Hempstead area have an exciting opportunity for an experienced bookkeeper/ Assistant Accountant to join them on a full time permanent basis. This role is reporting into the Financial Controller and working with one other accounts assistant.
Your role will include:
- Credit control
- Data entry of Invoices, receipts, remittances, cheques etc
- Daily reporting of income/outgoings
- Making payments to investors, affiliates, creditors and contractors on time.
- Managing budgets and petty cash
- Profit and Loss
- Sending emails
- Bank and credit card reconciliation
- Dealing with customers and investors over the phone and via email
- Managing multiple merchant accounts and bank accounts
- Processing expenses
- Solid Book keeping experience
- Experience with SAP
- Experience using Google Docs/Excel
- Strong VAT knowledge
- An eye for detail
- Self motivated, positive attitude
- Able to spot and reconcile discrepancies
- Able to work independently after training
- Great organisational skills
- Strong numeric and analytical skills
- Enjoys working in a small office environment
- Manufacturing experience including importing and exporting
- Understand EU sales and Intrastats.
This position requires you to communicate with clients via telephone so excellent English language and communication skills are essential. This is not an entry level role, the ideal candidate will have strong knowledge of all aspects of book keeping at a senior level. You must be able to work methodically, independently and possess great attention to detail and reporting skills.You must be able to work on your own initiative, and easily adapt to change.
If you are interested please apply or for any further information please call Nosh on 01923205286.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76109721