Yr 1 Primary Teacher needed - Croydon - Sept 17 or ASAP start
Year 1 Primary Teacher - Croydon - ASAP Sept 17 start
- £28,660 - £39,006 per year (with potential year lead TLR)
- Thornton Heath
- Sept-Oct 2017 start
- Long term contract
We are seeking experienced and proven Year 1 Teachers to start as soon as possible.
This is a fantastic opportunity for anyone looking to progress and take on an additional responsibility of Year Group Leader
This vibrant and happy 2 form entry, inner city school in South London is looking to appoint a Year 1 class teacher to join their friendly KS1 teaching team. You will be positive in your approach and will seek to provide the opportunity for children you are working with to achieve their full potential. For the right candidate there is a potential year group lead responsibility.
- You will plan, teach and assess the year 1 class in line with the expectations of the school and current national curriculum for KS1
- You will raise the attainment, differentiating between the mixed ability pupils and ensure there is the required progress made by the pupils in your class.
- For the right candidate there will be the additional responsibility of Year Group Lead where you will lead and support any other Year 1 Class Teachers in the school.
- Adhere to all safeguarding, behaviour management policies.
- Be part of the whole school ethos including any extra-curricular activities.
- Liaise with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure there is clear communication and that targets/objectives are met both termly and yearly.
- Lead and support any additional staff such as Teaching Assistants and Learning support Assistants to ensure all children in the class have sufficient access to learning.
- Liaising with the SENCO to ensure any children in the class that have been statemented have the correct inclusion and access to learning.
The ideal candidate must have:
- Qualified Teacher Status (UK) or equivalent
- Inspirational and effective in the classroom
- Able to work as part of a team
- Good knowledge of KS1
- Excellent behaviour management skills
- Recent relevant experience teaching a year 1 class
- Previous experience of any additional responsibilities would be a bonus
- A proven educator and be able to demonstrate a proven track record of raising attainment across KS1 specifically year 1
Due to the nature of this post, we will only be accepting applications from Teachers with a Post Graduate Certificate in Education with Qualified Teacher Status.
Overseas trained candidates who have the UK Naric equivalent and recent UK experience teaching in a Primary School setting will need to provide the relevant evidence to show this.
Successful applicants will be required to attend an interview with Veritas Education to ensure all of the relevant safeguarding and compliance processes are met.
If you would like to find out more about this role, please follow the process below and submit your CV.
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76171840