Internal Audit & Risk Manager
SF Group is pleased to be working with one of Derby's premier employers who are market leaders in their field. Operating in dynamic operating conditions, requiring an experienced Internal Audit and Risk Manager to join the on a permanent basis to address the challenges.
As the Internal Audit and Risk Manager, the successful candidate will play an integral part in building on the established processes and implement continuous improvement. The main purpose of the role will be to monitor and report on risks across the business and its operations, plan and execute the internal audit testing across the key business processes, champion continuous improvement and best practice across general business, IT and engineering testing, report all material risk related matters to the independent Audit and Risk Committee and provide ad-hoc support to the business on risk related issues.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Review the risk register and associated controls and keep updated as required
- Maintain the internal audit plan and execute the testing using internal and external resources
- Work with process owners to update documented business processes, recommending improvements where identified and updating the risk register/internal audit plan for changes as required
- Work with Head of IT and Engineering Standards & Safety Manger to coordinate internal audit efforts in other areas, sharing and implementing best practice where applicable
- Prepare risk related reporting for internal management meetings
- Report internal audit results and risk related KPIs to independent Audit and Risk Committee
- Assist the Senior Financial Accountant by liaising with the external auditors in respect to internal controls and processes
- Work with the Legal Director to manage and monitor the various external compliance requirements
- Support other business initiatives as required by providing risk related inputs - areas may include business case preparation; or supplier and customer credit exposures
In order to be considered for this vacancy, you will preferably degree educated with a relevant professional business qualification. Have a track record of internal audit planning, testing and reporting. Be an expert in business process review, risk identification and control design and documentation. An effective communicator with finance and non-finance staff and able to present to board members. Be confident, conscientious, a self-starter, able to use initiative to analyse and solve problems. Possess strong organisation and time management skills, with a proven ability to prioritise and manage workloads in a demanding environment.
In return, you can expect a salary of up to £50,000 plus benefits.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76135814