Category Manager FM
Global FTSE 100 listed property management Company are hiring a brand new Category Manager (FM) to support the business and lead the procurement activity across the hard services supply base for the UK operation. Due to the rapidly changing landscape of the industry the organisation is looking for an innovative procurement professional to align the supply base with delivery of the company's services. You will need experience in all aspects of sourcing and managing suppliers within hard services including: Technical Maintenance (Mech & Elec), Lifts & Escalator Maintenance, Fabric Maintenance. We want to hear from candidates who have developed a strong stakeholder management skill set, keen to progress and make an impact for the company to meet their targets for their next 5 year strategy.
- Analyse current supply base and any stakeholder issues within the categories taking into account changing economic or market conditions, legal and regulatory requirements, trends, operating procedures and practices, management restructurings and supply chain capabilities, impact of new technology and financial stability of suppliers
- Support the Head of Procurement and supply chain in developing and implementing an appropriate 3 to 5 year procurement plan
- Lead and manage strategic procurement projects, ensuring policies and procedures and best practice is followed and value for money is achieved
- Identifying potential Tenderers and managing them through the pre-qualification process.
- Production of tender documentation (including RFP, specifications, performance measures etc.).
- Stakeholder engagement and management including stakeholder sign off appropriate to the sourcing event.
- Managing the tender process (site visits, tender clarifications, negotiations, presentations, references etc.).
- Production of a tender evaluation report.
- Appointment of supply chain and raising contract documentation
- Manage and influence multiple stakeholders throughout the end to end procurement process
- Maintain robust supplier relationships with strategic framework suppliers to deliver service and collaborate with strategic suppliers to identify cost saving and service improvement opportunities throughout the managed portfolio
- Conduct strategic sourcing reviews with key supply partners - ensuring the supplier performance metrics and measures are in line with client needs
- Provide procurement and supplier relationship management support and training for operations teams
- Identify opportunities to create additional value and differentiate the organisation from its competitors
- Meet assigned financial targets set by the business, to achieve annual savings and maximise procurement fees
- Manage an accurate contract database and maintain records of category specific procurement
- Provide cover for Head of Procurement and other category managers when required
- Educated to degree level or equivalent technical qualification.
- Previous experience of FM and ideally hard services
- Able to demonstrate experience in a broad range of key procurement skills including negotiation, influencing, project management, change management and commercial awareness
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong analytical skills and advanced knowledge of Excel.
- Proven experience of working with large and complex database systems.
- Personable and able to form strong working relationships with internal and external stakeholders up to senior level.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75955348