Data Solutions Engineer
Data Solutions Engineer
Up to £30,000 (Dependent on Experience) + Progression Opportunities + Training & Development + Employee Share Plan + Company Pension + Flexible Working Hours + Onsite Gym + Excellent Working Culture.
Do you want to be part of an innovative process automation project that is seriously defining our business?...
Description of Area of Business
Computershare Technology Services maintain and support a highly computerised operational environment consisting of Windows servers, desktop devices, and Windows SQL servers, providing key operational support for Computershare Business units globally.
Main purpose of the Role
Key responsibilities will include:-
- Utilizing modern technologies to replace processes which currently exist in a system dependant on legacy languages.
- Automation of processes which are currently heavily dependent on manual input.
- Processing large volumes of data in an expedient manner and providing quality reporting on the integrity of said data.
- Support high value, time critical live events.
The successful candidate will work in the Data Solutions Team on a company defining process automation project, working alongside other operational and data teams as well as non-technical end users. This is a hands-on development role where you will be expected to investigate the latest technologies and develop plans for how they can be implemented into live products. The applicant will be focused, adaptable, creative, and above all, possess a willingness to learn.
The successful candidate will have an understanding and appreciation of the importance of successful service delivery and release management.
Essential Skills, Experience and Competencies
- A minimum of 6 months experience in a development role
- Strong Analytical/Troubleshooting Skills
- Strong Customer facing and Communication Skills - Written and Verbal
- Strong Interpersonal Skills - A Good Team Player
- Strong organisation stills
- Experience of developing using object orientated technologies
- An ability and willingness to learn new skills and pro–actively develop
- Some experience with any .NET product
- Experience in the management of Windows Servers
- Experience in deploying releases into production environments
Desirable Skills, Experience and Competencies
- Experience in developing / using any ETL process
- Experience in MS SQL
- HP OpenVMS
Experience of Computershare's Products would also be welcome. In particular, knowledge of the following:
All successful candidates will be required to undergo the Computershare Pre-Employment Screening Process before commencing employment. Employment will be subject to satisfactory clearance on background checks including Identification, Passport Validation, Finance, Qualification, Employment / Personal referencing and Criminal Record Basic Disclosure checks.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76144921