Knitwear Designer - Fast Fashion Womenswear
Exciting opportunity for a trend-led Knitwear Designer to take the next step in their career and join an ever expanding team with this fashion focussed, high street supplier. This London based company is an established UK manufacturer of young, exciting fashion, supplying to several fashion-savvy high street retailers. They also have several successful in-house brands which retail online and in 500+ concessions across the UK and Internationally.
This role requires an extremely trend led, creative Knitwear Designer who can design across several in house labels as well as directly for the retailers, and have the ability to successfully manage their own time and workload.
Knitwear Designer - The Role:
- Identifying emerging trends on the highstreet by constantly being aware of what’s happening on social media, the catwalk and the world of celebrity – and of course any competitors on the high street
- Designing fresh, new and sometimes brave knitwear to suit the fashion conscious customer, creating exciting mood boards and CAD designs
- Yarn and trim sourcing meeting spinners and yarn agents
- Compiling comparative shop reports in the UK and abroad
- Face to face customers meetings
- Garments fitting
- Working closely with the whole design team and being aware of what the jersey and woven team are creating
Knitwear Designer - The Candidate:
- Creative flair and innovation - proactive approach to design.
- Minimum of 2-3 years commercial industry experience required since graduating.
- Able to identify key trends, and interpret these in a relevant and commercial way for the customer.
- Must have experience of designing fully fashioned and cut and sew knitwear.
- Drawing skills (sketch and CAD).
- Must be able to work in a fast paced fashion environment.
- Excellent understanding of garment construction and in particular knitwear manufacturing methods.
- Able to work on their own – take initiative as well as within a fun, dynamic team.
- Strong personality, able to get their view and ideas across effectively at all levels.
- Communication, interpersonal and influencing skills at all level.
CVs without accompanying relevant artwork will not be considered.
Please submit via email a CV and a covering letter in a word document format stating current salary, together with separate examples of your design work in a PDF format (max. 5MB) to –
If the e mail address is not displayed in this advert, then please contact People Marketing directly on quoting the job reference number, and we shall supply you with the correct address.
Please note that we cannot accept files in excess of 5MB.
We regret that due to the high amount of interest that we receive for each of our vacancies, if you do not hear from one of our consultants within 5 days then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for this role.
Please continue to check our website for any other roles which may be of interest.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76196097