Assistant Client Accountant
- ABOUT THE FIRM
As the UK’s leading independent commercial property management specialist, Workman has an enviable position within the property industry. The Firm delivers to its clients an unrivalled service dedicated solely to the fundamentals of property management and building consultancy. We pride ourselves on the calibre of our employees and their unique skill sets. We offer a nationwide service, utilising the local knowledge of more than 600 employee’s and Partners working from a national office network with 10 principal offices in the UK an office in Paris and a growing presence in other European countries. Workman is currently undergoing a period of consistent and sustained growth.
ABOUT THE ROLE
To be responsible for assisting the firm’s Client Accountants to help deliver an excellent client service with particular focus on the control and reconciliation of their client money bank accounts in accordance with the RICS Members’ Accounts Rules and the monitoring and timely resolution of unreconciled items
LOCATION - Swindon
- Reconciling the Client Accountant’s portfolio of bank accounts periodically in line with reporting requirements (monthly and quarterly)
- Investigating unreconciled items on the reconciliations within 30 days to avoid RICS breaches.
- Liaising with other staff in the firm to ensure unreconciled items are resolved in a timely manner
- Input rental payments onto the firm’s banking software ready for approval
- Liaising with on-site teams where applicable for Mall Income and Car Park Income Queries
- Raising charges and receipting cash for Mall Income and Car Park Income where applicable
- Assisting the Client Accountant with other ad hoc duties when required
- AAT qualified or minimum level 2 completed
- 1-2 years of accounting experience
- Organised and have attention to detail
- IT and software skills, particularly Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work under pressure and to adhere to deadlines
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
This job description does not form part of your contract of employment and the duties may be amended from time to time.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76191229