Infrastructure Technician Apprentice
Did you know that it would take more than 1 million human brains to store all of the data on the internet?
Baltic Training and Firstnet Solutions are excited to be recruiting for an IT Support Apprentice based at their offices in Leeds. Working to ensure that their customer such as Yorkshire Building Society and Keepmoat are delivered an IT service which covers each of their individual requirements, Firstnet have an ethos of "going the extra mile".
Due to their continued growth and development, they are looking for fresh talent who is keen to develop a career in the IT industry.
"Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn." Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Not only do our apprentices learn faster and earn money at the same time, they gain invaluable workplace experience.
When it comes to apprenticeships, research shows that apprentices can earn up to £4,000 more per year than their peers. Alongside this, all apprentices are entitled to other benefits such as pension and national insurance contributions, and also paid holiday entitlement. If you are ready to earn more, you are ready to start an apprenticeship with Baltic Training.
You will be working alongside the current team and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Answering support calls & logging IT support tickets
- Troubleshooting and monitoring support tickets.
- Diagnose and resolve technical faults for hardware & software related issues
- Installation and configuration of existing and new IT equipment.
- Planning and undertaking scheduled maintenance work.
- User account administration and password resets.
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- CompTIA A+
- ITIL Foundation
- Cloud Services and Disaster Recovery
- Coding and Logic
- Level 2 Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work well under pressure whilst adhering to guidelines.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Keen attention to detail
- Eager to learn and begin a career in the IT sector
- A basic IT skillset which can be built upon across the apprenticeship
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available.
Salary, hours and benefits:
- £150.00 a week
- Full time, 37.5 hours a week (9am-5pm)
- Pay increments depending on performance
Location and travel:
The role is located in Leeds, easily accessible by all methods of public transport. There is also free parking on site.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76081491