IT Systems Engineer IT Graduate - Scotland
ROLE: IT Systems Engineer * IT Graduate * - or equivalent
JOB TYPE: Permanent
COMPANY TYPE: Oil Agency
HOURS: 8.30am -5.30pm
Location: Garelochhead, Scotland
START DATE: ASAP
CULTURE: Professional, friendly, creative and professional
WOW FACTOR: Great opportunity to work for an extremely friendly and professional company based in Scotland!
The role will require the user to utilise their IT skills across a multi-sited organisation, dealing with up to 150 users at all levels within the organisation, from those with little IT knowledge in our Operations team to Members of the Board. There is a requirement to develop strong relationships with all stakeholders within the Company.
- Comply with The Fundamental Principles of the Agency.
- Promote process safety leadership as the core culture.
- Be a key contributor to the Business Services Team Performance Plan to support the team to meet the business and team objectives.
- Ensure activities completed are fully compliant with company policies, procedures and legal requirements, particularly safety and ensuring safe systems of work.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships with the key stakeholders internally and externally.
- Consistently maintain a professional approach in day to day activities.
- Ensure effective and appropriate communication at all times.
- Report on activities and provide relevant management information.
- Maintain high standards of probity and confidentiality.
- Ensure the IT Policy is fully adhered to by Users. Monitoring systems and activities and reporting to the IT Manager or Human Resources Manager any suspected infringements.
- Ensure management of change processes are fully adhered to for all changes proposed.
- Monitor and ensure all security functions are enabled and up to date to protect the infrastructure from cyber threats. Report immediately any issue to the IT Manager or the Finance Director.
- The administration and maintenance of group infrastructure, business systems, and IT related services directing and managing internal support personnel and/or external outsourced service providers as necessary.
- Support the IT Manager in planning and implementing additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting group infrastructure.
- Liaise with third party software/hardware suppliers or maintenance suppliers as necessary.
- Support the IT Manager to ensure IT-related purchases are procured cost effectively whilst meeting quality standards and specifications as required by the business.
- To act as the escalation point for the outsourced 1st Line Helpdesk.
- To manage the ordering, configuration and deployment of end-user IT hardware.
- To carry out additional projects or activities as assigned by the IT Manager.
- Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
- Create and maintain documentation/records where necessary.
- Ensure that all completed work is detailed and all relevant databases are updated.
- Maintain secure backup controls as necessary.
- Produce technical implementation and recovery documentation.
- Be part of the project team (in some instances be project manager as required for any IT projects to coordinate implementation, liaising with others where required.
- Recognise actual or potential compatibility issues to resolve or avoid such issues.
- Support the IT Manager in developing and ensure procedures are in place to diagnose a system and methods applied to perform a full or partial system recovery.
- Adhoc projects as required.
- Some knowledge of Microsoft packages, 365, Cloud.
- Driving Licence will be essential as travel to other sites may be required.
- Great attention to detail
- Willing to help
- Proactive hands on approach
- Willingness to learn and develop
- NB: If this company and position appeals to you then please apply your CV on-line. Advertised by Office Angels, Holborn branch. Please note that due to a high volume of response Office Angels receive; only successful candidates will be contacted for the purposes of the Regulations, please note that Office Angels in the provision of these services will be operating as a recruitment agency. Office Angels are an equal opportunities employer
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76169760