My client is a leading manufacturer in their field with sites both in Merthyr Tydfil and Tredegar supplying to prestige customers and we are now looking to add to the team a Cycle Counter.
The role will be on a 12 month contract.
You will need to be able to drive as you may be required to cover both sites.
Purpose of the Role
To help the materials department deliver and maintain a reliable and accurate stock level to the business. To constantly monitor and police the integrity of the stock whilst investigating problems as and when they occur.
- Daily preparation of stock count list.
- Daily cycle count of stock items, and update SAP system accordingly.
- Investigation into variances in stock levels arising from the cycle count.
- Communication of cycle count results.
- Preparation of cycle count figures for materials manager to make SAP adjustments.
- Suggestions to improve the procedures
Education, Training and Experience
Computer literacy, in particular knowledge of spreadsheets and databases is essential (Training will be provided on the SAP system).
Literacy and numeracy skills. Good standard of education, preferable GCSE level.
Must have good communication skills – both verbal and written.
Calm and approachable personality.
Ability to work without supervision.
A tenacious and investigative approach to his/her work.
Flexibility and commitment to the Company.
You will be required to work a 36 hours week
8am-4.30pm (Mon-Thurs) 8am-12pm Fri
If you are interested in applying please forward your CV.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76168176