Our Client, a leading Commercial Company based in the Buckinghamshire area are currently recruiting for a Financial Controller on a permanent basis. They are looking for the ideal candidate to be fully Qualified (ACCA,ACA or CIMA) and have 5 years plus PQE experience.
The client will also offer a very impressive benefits package - Car allowance Bonus (non contractual and based on company and personal performance Pension Share Scheme 28 days holiday 1 volunteering day.
With staffing responsibilities of up to 3.5, your key responsibilities will include -
- To take ownership of central reporting and consolidating
- Review and improve central processes
- Month end processes - to review variances against forecast and propose action where needed
- Production of forecast packs and processes on a quarterly basis
- Balance sheet reconciliations and regular reviews of project balance sheet reconciliations are performed
- Cash flow forecasting
- Manage the year end audit process
- VAT and Corporation Tax returns
- Working closely with the Finance Business Partner in regards to upcoming financial and cash flow issues
Person Specification -
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA, ACA or CIMA with 5 years plus PQE
- Working and leading a team of 3.5
- A Construction, MOD or Defence background is desirable but if you can demonstrate understanding of long term contract accounting this would be a benefit
- IFRS 15 (project based tool) understanding is desirable but not essential - someone must however have experience or an understanding of IFRS procedures
- Confident with managing processes, procedures and compliance
- Strong experience of project accounting
- Demonstrable experience of business/process improvements
- Technically minded - the role will involve the controlling of balance sheets, reconciliations and consolidation of accounts
- Top 4 audit experience is desirable but not essential - working with top 4 auditors previously such as Deliotte or PWC would be of an advantage
- Personality - strong interpersonal skills, self starter, excellent communicator, the ability to remain calm and focussed under pressure, resilient, a can do attitude, determined, tenacious
If this role is of interest please apply directly or if you are previously registered with Parkside Recruitment and interested please call either Debbie Webb or Jigna Mannell-Patel to discuss the role further.
Parkside Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. Parkside Recruitment is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76151518